BizStore » Books » This Day: Collected & New Sabbath Poems
Brand: Counterpoint LLC
Feature: Counterpoint LLC
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 400
Publication Date: 2014-09-02
• Counterpoint LLC
For nearly thirty-five years, Wendell Berry has been at work on a series of poems occasioned by his solitary Sunday walks around his farm in Kentucky. From riverfront and meadows, to grass fields and woodlots, every inch of this hillside farm lives in these poems, as do the poet’s constant companions of memory and occasion, family and animals, who have with Berry created his Home Place with love and gratitude.
These are poems of spiritual longing and political extremity, memorials and celebrations, elegies and lyrics, alongside the occasional rants of the Mad Farmer, pushed to the edge yet again by his compatriots and elected officials.
With the publication of this new complete edition, it has become increasingly clear that The Sabbath Poems have become the very heart of Berry’s entire work. And these magnificent poems, taken as a whole, have become one of the greatest contributions ever made to American poetry.
• New Collected Poems
• Our Only World: Ten Essays
• A Small Porch: Sabbath Poems 2014 and 2015
• What Are People For?: Essays
• Blessed Are the Peacemakers: Christ’s Teachings About Love, Compassion and Forgiveness
• The Selected Poems of Wendell Berry
• Bringing It to the Table: On Farming and Food
• A Timbered Choir: The Sabbath Poems 1979-1997
• The Unsettling of America: Culture & Agriculture
• The Art of the Commonplace: The Agrarian Essays of Wendell Berry