BizStore » Books » The Underdome Guide to Energy Reform
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Princeton Architectural Press
Manufacturer: Princeton Architectural Press
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 192
Publication Date: 2015-11-03
Publisher: Princeton Architectural Press
Release Date: 2015-11-03
Studio: Princeton Architectural Press
The Underdome Guide to Energy Reform is the first book to map the political implications of energy management in architecture. It reenvisions collective priorities in the face of climate change, at scales ranging from the microelectronic to macroregional.
Organized into sections covering power, territory, lifestyle, and risk, Underdome catalogs conflicts and affiliations among energy agendas to inform public action and function as a "voter guide." Original illustrations reconsider architecture's symbolic and infrastructural connections to energy politics. Probing essays by urban designer Georgeen Theodore and architectural historians Reinhold Martin, Jonathan Massey, and Michael Osman explore new histories and forms of practice. Transcripts from the Underdome Sessions held at Columbia University Studio-X NYC — which brought together panels of experts in design, policy, economics, and history to attack the climate crisis from multiple angles— create a larger dialogue.
Underdome is a call to action, urging citizens and designers to questions how political ecology can reshape architectural objects and objectives.
• Manual of Section
• Pamphlet Architecture 35: Going Live, From States to Systems
• Local Code: 3,659 Proposals About Data, Design & the Nature of Cities
• Geographies of Trash
• Cartographic Grounds: Projecting the Landscape Imaginary
• Invisible Cities
• Operative Design: A Catalog of Spatial Verbs
• Climates: Architecture and the Planetary Imaginary (The Avery Review: Columbia Books on Architecture and the City)
• Landscape as Urbanism: A General Theory
• Ecologies of Power: Countermapping the Logistical Landscapes and Military Geographies of the U.S. Department of Defense (MIT Press)