BizStore » Books » Amazin' Again: How the 2015 New York Mets Brought the Magic Back to Queens
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Sports Publishing
Manufacturer: Sports Publishing
MPN: 30 color photos
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 244
Publication Date: 2016-03-15
Publisher: Sports Publishing
Studio: Sports Publishing
They were coming off a seemingly endless string of losing records. They were considered years away from legitimate contention. They were derided and disregarded as a matter of course. But in 2015 the New York Mets changed their course and changed their story. The result was the best kind of amazin’. Against all expectations, these Mets surged from the starting gate, hung tough when adversity threatened to overwhelm their budding chances, and fortified themselves for a stretch drive few could have foreseen. In short order, they proceeded to capture a division title, raise a pennant, and lay claim to the heart of their city.
With an unforgettable cast of characters including Matt Harvey, David Wright, Jacob deGrom, Yoenis Cespedes, and Daniel Murphy, the tale of the 2015 National League champion New York Mets is told for the ages in Amazin’ Again. Author Greg Princecocreator of Faith and Fear in Flushing, the blog that has distilled the heart and soul of Mets fandom for more than a decadetraces the trajectory of this championship season, from its roots in a long-ago amateur draft to its climax within the cauldron of Citi Field’s first World Series. In between, Prince re-creates the emotions of a year that culminated in the Mets making New York their kind of town once again.
Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Sports Publishing imprint, are proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in sportsbooks about baseball, pro football, college football, pro and college basketball, hockey, or soccer, we have a book about your sport or your team.
Whether you are a New York Yankees fan or hail from Red Sox nation; whether you are a die-hard Green Bay Packers or Dallas Cowboys fan; whether you root for the Kentucky Wildcats, Louisville Cardinals, UCLA Bruins, or Kansas Jayhawks; whether you route for the Boston Bruins, Toronto Maple Leafs, Montreal Canadiens, or Los Angeles Kings; we have a book for you. While not every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to publishing books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked by other publishers and to authors whose work might not otherwise find a home.
• Game 7, 1986: Failure and Triumph in the Biggest Game of My Life
• Kings of Queens: Life Beyond Baseball with the '86 Mets
• One-Year Dynasty: Inside the Rise and Fall of the 1986 Mets, Baseball's Impossible One-and-Done Champions
• Mets Triviology: Fascinating Facts from the Bleacher Seats
• Piazza: Catcher, Slugger, Icon, Star
• When Shea Was Home: The Story of the 1975 Mets, Yankees, Giants, and Jets
• Long Before The Miracle: The Making of the New York Mets
• The Bad Guys Won: A Season of Brawling, Boozing, Bimbo Chasing, and Championship Baseball with Straw, Doc, Mookie, Nails, the Kid, and the Rest of the ... Put on a New York Uniform--and Maybe the Best
• Mets by the Numbers: A Complete Team History of the Amazin' Mets by Uniform Number
• Put It In the Book!: A Half-Century of Mets Mania