BizStore » Books » The Last Road North: A Guide to the Gettysburg Campaign, 1863 (Emerging Civil War Series)
BizStore » Book
The Last Road North: A Guide to the Gettysburg Campaign, 1863 (Emerging Civil War Series)
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Savas Beatie
Manufacturer: Savas Beatie
Number Of Pages: 192
Publication Date: 2016-06-16
Publisher: Savas Beatie
Release Date: 2016-06-30
Studio: Savas Beatie
"I thought my men were invincible,” admitted Robert E. Lee.
A string of battlefield victories through 1862 had culminated in the spring of 1863 with Lee’s greatest victory yet: the battle of Chancellorsville. Propelled by the momentum of that supreme moment, confident in the abilities of his men, Lee decided to once more take the fight to the Yankees and launched this army on another invasion of the North.
An appointment with destiny awaited in the little Pennsylvania college town of Gettysburg.
Historian Dan Welch follows in the footsteps of the Army of Northern Virginia and the Army of the Potomac as the two foes cat-and-mouse their way northward, ultimately clashing in the costliest battle in North American history.
Based on the Gettysburg Civil War Trails, and packed with dozens of lesser-known sites related to the Gettysburg Campaign, The Last Road North: A Guide to the Gettysburg Campaign offers the ultimate Civil War road trip.
• Don’t Give an Inch: The Second Day at Gettysburg, July 2, 1863 (Emerging Civil War Series)
• Fight Like the Devil: The First Day at Gettysburg, July 1, 1863 (Emerging Civil War Series)
• To the Bitter End: Appomattox, Bennett Place, and the Surrenders of the Confederacy (Emerging Civil War Series)
• Out Flew the Sabres: The Battle of Brandy Station, June 9, 1863 (Emerging Civil War Series)
• Hell Itself: The Battle of the Wilderness, May 5-7, 1864 (Emerging Civil War Series)
• A Long and Bloody Task: The Atlanta Campaign from Dalton through Kennesaw to the Chattahoochee, May 5-July 18, 1864 (Emerging Civil War Series)
• All the Fighting They Want: The Atlanta Campaign from Peachtree Creek to the City's Surrender, July 18-September 2, 1864 (Emerging Civil War Series)
• Bloody Autumn: The Shenandoah Valley Campaign of 1864 (Emerging Civil War Series)
• Strike Them a Blow: Battle along the North Anna River, May 21-25, 1864 (Emerging Civil War Series)
• That Field of Blood: The Battle of Antietam, September 17, 1862 (Emerging Civil War Series)