BizStore » Books » The Zen Leader: 10 Ways to Go From Barely Managing to Leading Fearlessly
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Career Press
Manufacturer: Career Press
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 256
Publication Date: 2012-04-22
Publisher: Career Press
Release Date: 2016-05-23
Studio: Career Press
"The Zen Leader is an important and very helpful book in the science and art of leadership. Based on everything from Zen to Integral Philosophy, it outlines 10 fundamental 'shifts' or 'flips' that can move you from small mind to Big Mind, bringing an expanding capacity of leadership with each one. Give it a try and see for yourself!"
--Ken Wilber, author of The Integral Vision
"A terrific contribution filled with original insights and solutions."
--Jim Loehr, New York Times bestselling coauthor of The Power of Full Engagement
"As most leaders know, the best answers are often found in how one frames the question. In this remarkable book, Dr. Ginny Whitelaw sharpens the reader's abilities to reframe everything. Offering a genuinely innovative amalgamation of Eastern thought and the world of work, Dr. Whitelaw provides the reader grounding in practical leadership application, just as she introduces the next stretching insight. This book is a gift that keeps on giving."
--Ed Bernard, vice chairman, T. Rowe Price Group
The Zen Leader does not encourage you to just "be peaceful." Nor does it suggest that you work harder, faster, or ignore the pressure. Quite the opposite: the book is about using the pressure to propel "flips" in consciousness that create transformational leaders, leaders who create the future with joy and enthusiasm, rather than drive themselves and their people to exhaustion.
• Leadership: Research Findings, Practice, and Skills
• Leadership Embodiment: How the Way We Sit and Stand Can Change the Way We Think and Speak
• Reinventing Organizations
• The New Psychology of Leadership: Identity, Influence and Power
• Mastering Leadership: An Integrated Framework for Breakthrough Performance and Extraordinary Business Results
• Presence: Human Purpose and the Field of the Future
• Leadership for the Disillusioned: Moving Beyond Myths and Heroes to Leading That Liberates
• The Mindful Leader: Awakening Your Natural Management Skills Through Mindfulness Meditation
• Ethical Know-How: Action, Wisdom, and Cognition (Writing Science)
• Organization Development: The Process of Leading Organizational Change