BizStore » Books » Talking with God: What to Say When You Don't Know How to Pray
Brand: WaterBrook Press
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 224
Publication Date: 2017-03-21
Release Date: 2017-03-21
Life is crazy. Prayer is simple.
Prayer seems like it should be so simple. Yet when it comes to actually praying, it often feels awkward and complicated.
I mean, what should you actually pray about? What do you say? Is there anything you should or shouldn’t say? Do you have to speak out loud? Where do you even start?
To make matters worse, we’ve heard about prayer for so long that we feel awkward asking about it. It’s like having to ask a person’s name after knowing them for years. We’re embarrassed to ask because we really should know their name by now.
Then comes the reality and craziness of life. Between work, parenting, walking the dog, a full inbox, keeping up on social media—who has time to pray?
The truth is, prayer is simple.
It’s like talking; talking with a good friend. Here’s the best part: No matter where we are in life, God can’t wait to talk with us.
What does it look like to pray in the midst of your life?
What do you say when you don’t know how to pray?
I’m asking the same questions. Let’s talk.
• Jesus Swagger: Break Free from Poser Christianity
• Wondrous Pursuit: Daily Encounters with an Almighty God
• The Unstuck Church: Equipping Churches to Experience Sustained Health
• Kill the Spider: Getting Rid of What’s Really Holding You Back
• Divine Direction: 7 Decisions That Will Change Your Life
• Church Growth Flywheel: 5 Practical Systems to Drive Growth at Your Church (Church Flywheel Series) (Volume 1)
• How to Break Growth Barriers: Revise Your Role, Release Your People, and Capture Overlooked Opportunities for Your Church
• Seven-Mile Miracle: Journey into the Presence of God Through the Last Words of Jesus
• Uninvited: Living Loved When You Feel Less Than, Left Out, and Lonely
• Swipe Right: The Life-and-Death Power of Sex and Romance