BizStore » Books » The More of Less: Finding the Life You Want Under Everything You Own
Brand: WaterBrook Press
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 240
Publication Date: 2016-05-03
Release Date: 2016-05-03
Don’t Settle for More
Most of us know we own too much stuff. We feel the weight and burden of our clutter, and we tire of cleaning and managing and organizing.
While excess consumption leads to bigger houses, faster cars, fancier technology, and cluttered homes, it never brings happiness. Rather, it results in a desire for more. It redirects our greatest passions to things that can never fulfill. And it distracts us from the very life we wish we were living.
Live a better life with less.
In The More of Less, Joshua Becker helps you...
• Recognize the life-giving benefits of owning less
• Realize how all the stuff you own is keeping you from pursuing your dreams
• Craft a personal, practical approach to decluttering your home and life
• Experience the joys of generosity
• Learn why the best part of minimalism isn’t a clean house, it’s a full life
The beauty of minimalism isn’t in what it takes away. It’s in what it gives.
Make Room in Your Life for What You Really Want
“Maybe you don’t need to own all this stuff.” After a casual conversation with his neighbor on Memorial Day 2008, Joshua Becker realized he needed a change. He was spending far too much time organizing possessions, cleaning up messes, and looking for more to buy.
So Joshua and his wife decided to remove the nonessential possessions from their home and life. Eventually, they sold, donated, or discarded over 60 percent of what they owned. In exchange, they found a life of more freedom, more contentment, more generosity, and more opportunity to pursue the things that mattered most.
The More of Less delivers an empowering plan for living more by owning less. With practical suggestions and encouragement to personalize your own minimalist style, Joshua Becker shows you why minimizing possessions is the best way to maximize life.
Are you ready for less cleaning, less anxiety, and less stress in your life? Simplicity isn’t as complicated as you think.
• Clutterfree with Kids: Change your thinking. Discover new habits. Free your home
• The Joy of Less: A Minimalist Guide to Declutter, Organize, and Simplify (Updated and Revised)
• Minimalism: Live a Meaningful Life
• You Can Buy Happiness (and It's Cheap): How One Woman Radically Simplified Her Life and How You Can Too
• Goodbye, Things: The New Japanese Minimalism
• Destination Simple: Everyday Rituals for a Slower Life
• Essential: Essays by The Minimalists
• Everything That Remains: A Memoir by The Minimalists
• The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing
• The Spender's Guide to Debt-Free Living: How a Spending Fast Helped Me Get from Broke to Badass in Record Time