BizStore » Books » Creative Workshop: 80 Challenges to Sharpen Your Design Skills
Brand: HOW Design
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: HOW Books
Manufacturer: HOW Books
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 256
Publication Date: 2010-11-24
Publisher: HOW Books
Release Date: 2010-11-24
Studio: HOW Books
Have you ever struggled to complete a design project on time? Or felt that having a tight deadline stifled your capacity for maximum creativity? If so, then this book is for you.
Within Creative Workshop, you'll find 80 creative challenges that will help you achieve a breadth of stronger design solutions, in various media, within any set time period. Exercises range from creating a typeface in an hour to designing a paper robot in an afternoon to designing web pages and other interactive experiences. Each exercise includes compelling visual solutions from other designers and background stories to help you increase your capacity to innovate.
This book also includes useful brainstorming techniques and wisdom from some of today's top designers. By road-testing these techniques as you attempt each challenge, you'll find new and more effective ways to solve tough design problems and bring your solutions to vibrant life.
• Know Your Onions - Graphic Design: How to Think Like a Creative, Act like a Businessman and Design Like a God
• Logo Design Love: A Guide to Creating Iconic Brand Identities, 2nd Edition
• The Graphic Design Idea Book: Inspiration from 50 Masters
• Graphic Design Thinking (Design Briefs)
• How to Use Graphic Design to Sell Things, Explain Things, Make Things Look Better, Make People Laugh, Make People Cry, and (Every Once in a While) Change the World
• Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative
• The Non-Designer's Design Book (4th Edition)
• Design Is Storytelling
• Graphic Design: The New Basics: Second Edition, Revised and Expanded
• Thinking with Type, 2nd revised and expanded edition: A Critical Guide for Designers, Writers, Editors, & Students