BizStore » Books » Black & Decker The Complete Guide to Decks 6th edition: Featuring the latest tools, skills, designs, materials & codes (Black & Decker Complete Guide)
BizStore » Book
Black & Decker The Complete Guide to Decks 6th edition: Featuring the latest tools, skills, designs, materials & codes (Black & Decker Complete Guide)
Brand: Cool Springs Pr
Feature: Cool Springs Pr
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Cool Springs Press
Manufacturer: Cool Springs Press
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 272
Publication Date: 2016-04-01
Publisher: Cool Springs Press
Studio: Cool Springs Press
• Cool Springs Pr
Be inspired by new design and follow the latest codes as you custom build the deck of your dreams!
Architecture, building codes, and design are not static; they change constantly. That's why there's a new edition of the bestselling Black & Decker: The Complete Guide to Decks, incorporating updates to national building codes, as well as new developments in building materials and design. Calling attention to composite deckboards and railings, as well as other PVC products made from recycled plastic, the new materials systems featured in this book are environmentally friendly, easy to work with, rot resistant, and very low maintenance.
Whether you opt for manufactured deck products or wood, the success of your project depends upon a sturdy deck undercarriage. Accomplishing this isn't difficult, but building the framework requires that you have the latest information on building codes. In recent years, these codes have changed significantly, affecting everything from post diameter to allowable joist hangers to railing height and even the size of concrete footings. Black & Decker: The Complete Guide to Decks is the only DIY deck book that's fully updated to conform to the latest codes.
Chapters covered in the book include:
Deck Planning & Design
Deck Materials & Tools
Finishing & Maintaining Your Deck
Custom Deck Projects
Gallery of Inspiring Decks
Black & Decker: The Complete Guide to Decks offers complete step-by-step photos and instructions, so even homeowners with limited DIY experience are assured of a deck that meets their needs. So, don't wait any longer; build the deck of your dreams and start enjoying it!
• Black & Decker Deck Codes & Standards: How to Design, Build, Inspect & Maintain a Safer Deck
• Building a Deck: Expert Advice from Start to Finish (Taunton's Build Like a Pro)
• Ultimate Guide: Decks, 5th Edition: 30 Projects to Plan, Design, and Build (Creative Homeowner) Over 700 Photos & Illustrations, with Step-by-Step Instructions on Adding the Perfect Deck to Your Home
• Black & Decker Complete Guide to Patios - 3rd Edition: A DIY Guide to Building Patios, Walkways & Outdoor Steps
• Decks 1-2-3 (The Home Depot)
• Black & Decker The Complete Guide to Landscape Projects, 2nd Edition: Stonework, Plantings, Water Features, Carpentry, Fences (Black & Decker Complete Guide)
• Deck Designs, 3rd Edition: Great Design Ideas from Top Deck Designers (Home Improvement)
• Decks 1-2-3 (Home Depot ... 1-2-3)
• Ultimate Guide: Walks, Patios & Walls (Creative Homeowner) Design Ideas with Step-by-Step DIY Instructions and More Than 500 Photos for Brick, Mortar, Concrete, Flagstone, & Tile (Landscaping)