BizStore » Books » All the Devils Are Here: The Hidden History of the Financial Crisis
Brand: McLean, Bethany/ Nocera, Joe
Feature: Used Book in Good Condition
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 416
Publication Date: 2011-08-30
Release Date: 2011-08-30
• Used Book in Good Condition
The New York Times bestseller hailed as "the best business book of 2010" (Huffington Post).
As soon as the financial crisis erupted, the finger-pointing began. Should the blame fall on Wall Street, Main Street, or Pennsylvania Avenue? On greedy traders, misguided regulators, sleazy subprime companies, cowardly legislators, or clueless home buyers?
According to Bethany McLean and Joe Nocera, two of America's most acclaimed business journalists, the real answer is all of the above-and more. Many devils helped bring hell to the economy. And the full story, in all of its complexity and detail, is like the legend of the blind men and the elephant. Almost everyone has missed the big picture. Almost no one has put all the pieces together.
All the Devils Are Here goes back several decades to weave the hidden history of the financial crisis in a way no previous book has done. It explores the motivations of everyone from famous CEOs, cabinet secretaries, and politicians to anonymous lenders, borrowers, analysts, and Wall Street traders. It delves into the powerful American mythology of homeownership. And it proves that the crisis ultimately wasn't about finance at all; it was about human nature.
• Shaky Ground: The Strange Saga of the U.S. Mortgage Giants
• Too Big to Fail: The Inside Story of How Wall Street and Washington Fought to Save the Financial System--and Themselves
• The Smartest Guys in the Room: The Amazing Rise and Scandalous Fall of Enron
• The Architecture of Markets: An Economic Sociology of Twenty-First-Century Capitalist Societies
• The Mortgage Wars: Inside Fannie Mae, Big-Money Politics, and the Collapse of the American Dream (Business Books)
• The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine
• The Ascent of Money: A Financial History of the World
• Fool's Gold: The Inside Story of J.P. Morgan and How Wall St. Greed Corrupted Its Bold Dream and Created a Financial Catastrophe
• After the Music Stopped: The Financial Crisis, the Response, and the Work Ahead
• When Genius Failed: The Rise and Fall of Long-Term Capital Management