BizStore » Books » When the Impossible Happens: Adventures in Non-Ordinary Realities
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Sounds True
Manufacturer: Sounds True
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 400
Publication Date: 2006-04-01
Publisher: Sounds True
Release Date: 2006-04-01
Studio: Sounds True
Feelings of oneness with other people, nature, and the universe. Encounters with extraterrestrials, deities, and demons. Out-of-body experiences and past-life memories. Science casts a skeptical eye. But Dr. Stanislav Grof―the psychiatric researcher who cofounded transpersonal psychology―believes otherwise.
When the Impossible Happens presents Dr. Grof 's mesmerizing firsthand account of over 50 years of inquiry into waters uncharted by classical psychology, one that will leave readers questioning the very fabric of our existence.
From his first LSD session that gave him a glimpse of cosmic consciousness to his latest work with Holotropic Breathwork, When the Impossible Happens will amaze readers with vivid explorations of topics such as:
When the Impossible Happens is an incredible opportunity to journey beyond ordinary consciousness, guaranteed to shake the foundations of what we assume to be reality, and sure to offer a new vision of our human potential.
• Holotropic Breathwork: A New Approach to Self-Exploration and Therapy (SUNY series in Transpersonal and Humanistic Psychology)
• The Ultimate Journey: Consciousness and the Mystery of Death
• Spiritual Emergency: When Personal Transformation Becomes a Crisis (New Consciousness Readers)
• Healing Our Deepest Wounds: The Holotropic Paradigm Shift
• The Adventure of Self-Discovery: Dimensions of Consciousness and New Perspectives in Psychotherapy and Inner Exploration (SUNY Series in Transpersonal and Humanistic Psychology)
• What is Reality? (A New Paradigm Book)
• The Cosmic Game: Explorations of the Frontiers of Human Consciousness
• LSD: Doorway to the Numinous: The Groundbreaking Psychedelic Research into Realms of the Human Unconscious
• LSD Psychotherapy (The Healing Potential Potential of Psychedelic Medicine)
• The Toad and the Jaguar a Field Report of Underground Research on a Visionary Medicine: Bufo Alvarius and 5-Methoxy-Dimethyltryptamine