BizStore » Books » The Parallel Process: Growing Alongside Your Adolescent or Young Adult Child in Treatment
BizStore » Book
The Parallel Process: Growing Alongside Your Adolescent or Young Adult Child in Treatment
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Lantern Books
Manufacturer: Lantern Books
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 192
Publication Date: 2010-12-01
Publisher: Lantern Books
Studio: Lantern Books
For many parents of troubled teenagers, a therapeutic program that takes the child from the home for a period of time offers some respite from the daily tumult of acting out, lies, and tension that has left the family under siege. However, just as the teenager is embarking on a journey of self-discovery, skill-development, and emotional maturation, so parents too need to use this time to recognize that their own patterns may have contributed to their family’s downward spiral. This is The Parallel Process.
Using case studies garnered from her many years as an adolescent and family therapist, Krissy Pozatek shows parents of pre-teens, adolescents, and young adults how they can help their children by attuning to emotions, setting limits, not rushing to their rescue, and allowing them to take responsibility for their actions, while recognizing their own patterns of emotional withdrawal, workaholism, and of surrendering their lives and personalities to parenting.
The Parallel Process is an essential primer for all parents, whether of troubled teens or not, who are seeking to help the family stay and grow together as they negotiate the potentially difficult teenage years.
• Not by Chance: How Parents Boost Their Teen's Success In and After Treatment
• The Anatomy of Peace: Resolving the Heart of Conflict
• The Journey of the Heroic Parent: Your Child's Struggle & The Road Home
• The Road Home: A Guide for Parents with Teens or Young Adults Returning from Treatment
• Brave Parenting: A Buddhist-Inspired Guide to Raising Emotionally Resilient Children
• Twenty Things Adopted Kids Wish Their Adoptive Parents Knew
• An Unchanged Mind: The Problem of Immaturity in Adolescence
• Addictive Thinking: Understanding Self-Deception
• The Knight in Rusty Armor
• Transforming Stress: The Heartmath Solution for Relieving Worry, Fatigue, and Tension