BizStore » Books » The Peregrine (New York Review Books Classics)
Feature: New York Review of Books
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: NYRB Classics
Manufacturer: NYRB Classics
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 208
Publication Date: 2004-12-31
Publisher: NYRB Classics
Release Date: 2004-12-31
Studio: NYRB Classics
• New York Review of Books
From fall to spring, J.A. Baker set out to track the daily comings and goings of a pair of peregrine falcons across the flat fen lands of eastern England. He followed the birds obsessively, observing them in the air and on the ground, in pursuit of their prey, making a kill, eating, and at rest, activities he describes with an extraordinary fusion of precision and poetry. And as he continued his mysterious private quest, his sense of human self slowly dissolved, to be replaced with the alien and implacable consciousness of a hawk.
It is this extraordinary metamorphosis, magical and terrifying, that these beautifully written pages record.
• The Poetic Edda
• Werner Herzog: A Guide for the Perplexed: Conversations with Paul Cronin
• Conquest of the Useless: Reflections from the Making of Fitzcarraldo
• Ice: 50th Anniversary Edition (Penguin Classics)
• Making a Good Script Great, 3rd Ed.
• Journey to the End of the Night
• The Living Mountain: A Celebration of the Cairngorm Mountains of Scotland (Canons)
• Rebel without a Crew: Or How a 23-Year-Old Filmmaker With $7,000 Became a Hollywood Player
• The Art Of Dramatic Writing: Its Basis in the Creative Interpretation of Human Motives
• Of Walking in Ice: Munich-Paris, 23 November–14 December 1974