BizStore » Books » The Gospel According to Matthew (2nd Ed.) (The Ignatius Catholic Study Bible)
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Ignatius Press
Manufacturer: Ignatius Press
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 86
Publication Date: 2010-10-15
Publisher: Ignatius Press
Studio: Ignatius Press
New larger format, featuring larger text size and additional margin space for personal annotations! The larger format enhances both individual and group study.
Based on the Revised Standard Version-Catholic Edition, this volume leads readers through a penetrating study of the Gospel of Matthew, using the biblical text itself and the Church's own guidelines for understanding the Bible. Ample notes accompany each page, providing fresh insights and commentary by renowned Bible teachers Scott Hahn and Curtis Mitch, as well as time-tested interpretations from the Fathers of the Church. These helpful study notes make explicit what St. Matthew often assumes. Or they provide rich historical, cultural, geographical or theological information pertinent to the Gospel--information that bridges the distance between the biblical world and our own.
The Ignatius Study Bible also includes Topical Essays, Word Studies and Charts. The Topical Essays explore the major themes of Matthew's Gospel, often relating them to the doctrines of the Church. The Word Studies explain the background to important Bible terms, while the Charts summarize crucial biblical information at a glance. Each page also includes an easy-to-use Cross-Reference Section that runs between the biblical text at the top of the page and the annotations at the bottom. Study Questions are provided for each chapter of the Gospel to deepen your personal study of God's Holy Word. There is also an introductory essay covering questions of authorship, date, destination, structure and themes. An outline of Matthew's Gospel and several maps are also included.
• The Gospel of John: Ignatius Catholic Study Bible
• The Gospel of Luke (2nd Ed.): Ignatius Catholic Study Bible (Ignatius Catholic Study Bible S)
• The Acts of the Apostles: Ignatius Catholic Study Bible
• Ignatius Catholic Study Bible: Book of Genesis
• The First, Second and Third Letters of St. John and the Revelation to John (2nd Ed): Ignatius Catholic Study Bible (Ignatius Catholic Study Bible S)
• Exodus: Ignatius Catholic Study Bible
• The First and Second Letter of St. Paul to the Corinthians (2nd Ed.): Ignatius Catholic Study Bible
• The Letter of St. James, the First and Second Letters of St. Peter and the Letter of St. Jude (2nd Ed.) (Ignatius Catholic Study Bible)
• The Gospel of Matthew (Catholic Commentary on Sacred Scripture)
• The Letters of St. Paul to the Galatians & Ephesians (2nd Ed.): Ignatius Catholic Study Bible