BizStore » Books » The Internet is a Playground: Irreverent Correspondences of an Evil Online Genius
Brand: Brand: Tarcher
Feature: Used Book in Good Condition
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 368
Publication Date: 2011-04-28
Release Date: 2011-04-28
• Used Book in Good Condition
From the notorious Internet troublemaker who brought the world the explosively popular Next Time I'll Spend the Money on Drugs Instead, in which he attempted to pay his chiropractor with a picture he drew of a spider; "Please Design a Logo for Me. With Pie Charts. For Free," which has been described as one of the most passed-on viral e-mails of all time; and, most recently, the staggeringly popular "Missing Missy", which has appeared everywhere from The Guardian to Jezebel to Andrew Sullivan's The Daily Dish, comes this profoundly funny collection of irreverent Internet mischief and comedy.
Featuring all of Thorne's viral success, including "Missing Missy", The Internet Is a Playground culls together every article and e- mail from Thorne's wildly popular website 27bslash6.com, as well as enough new material, available only in these pages, to keep you laughing-and, indeed, crying-until Thorne's next stroke-of-genius prank. Or hilarious hoax. Or well-publicized almost-stint in jail (really).
"There is usually a fine line between genius and insanity, but in this case it has become very blurred. Some of the funniest and most clever writing I have read in years."--Terrance Fielding, WIRED magazine
"I laughed so hard and uncontrollably I could hardly breathe. Reading this on public transport is not a good idea."--Penthouse magazine
• I'll Go Home Then, It's Warm and Has Chairs. The Unpublished Emails.
• Walk It Off, Princess
• That's Not How You Wash a Squirrel: A collection of new essays and emails
• Wrap It In A Bit of Cheese Like You're Tricking The Dog: The fifth collection of essays and emails by New York Times Best Selling author, David Thorne.
• Look Evelyn, Duck Dynasty Wiper Blades, We Should Get Them.: A Collection of New Essays
• I'll Go Home Then; It's Warm & Has Chairs: Stuff that didn't make it into the first book
• Emails from an A**hole: Real People Being Stupid
• The Ducks In The Bathroom Are Not Mine: A decade of irreverence and procrastination
• The Collected Works of 27b/6. Victorian Edition: Illustrated & abridged for polite society.
• Family Resemblance: An Anthology and Exploration of 8 Hybrid Literary Genres