BizStore » Books » Madame Blavatsky: The Mother of Modern Spirituality
Brand: Brand: Tarcher
Feature: Used Book in Good Condition
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 352
Publication Date: 2012-10-25
Release Date: 2012-10-25
• Used Book in Good Condition
A thoughtful biography of one of the most polarizing pioneers of alternative spirituality, the occult-mystic Helena Petrovna Blavatsky.
Pioneer. Visionary. Provocateur. Madame Helena Petrovna Blavatsky—mystic, occult writer, child of Russian aristocrats, spiritual seeker who traveled five continents, and founder (with Henry Steel Olcott) of the Theosophical Society—is still being hailed as an icon and scorned as a fraud more than 120 years after her death. But despite perennial interest in her life, writings, and philosophy, no single biography has examined the controversy and legacy of this influential thinker who helped define modern alternative spirituality—until now.
Gary Lachman, the acclaimed spiritual biographer behind volumes such as Rudolf Steiner and Jung the Mystic, brings us an in-depth look at Blavatsky, objectively exploring her unique and singular contributions toward introducing Eastern and esoteric spiritual ideas to the West during the nineteenth century, as well as the controversies that continue to color the discussions of her life and work.
• Rudolf Steiner: An Introduction to His Life and Work
• The Secret Teachers of the Western World
• The Quest for Hermes Trismegistus: From Ancient Egypt to the Modern World
• Isis Unveiled: Secrets of the Ancient Wisdom Tradition, Madame Blavatsky's First Work
• Jung the Mystic: The Esoteric Dimensions of Carl Jung's Life and Teachings
• Aleister Crowley: Magick, Rock and Roll, and the Wickedest Man in the World
• A Secret History of Consciousness
• Revolutionaries of the Soul: Reflections on Magicians, Philosophers, and Occultists
• The Secret Doctrine: The Classic Work, Abridged and Annotated
• Dark Star Rising: Magick and Power in the Age of Trump