BizStore » Books » The Power of Kindness: The Unexpected Benefits of Leading a Compassionate Life
Brand: Brand: Tarcher
Feature: Used Book in Good Condition
Format: Deckle Edge
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 288
Publication Date: 2007-10-04
Release Date: 2007-10-04
• Used Book in Good Condition
"A book after my own heart!"—His Holiness The Dalai Lama
The Power of Kindness is a stirring examination of a simple but profound concept. Piero Ferrucci, one of the world's most respected transpersonal psychologists, explores the many surprising facets of kindness and argues that it is this trait that will not only lead to our own individual happiness and the happiness of those around us, but will guide us in a world that has become cold, anxious, difficult, and frightening.
Piero Ferrucci warns against the dangers of "global cooling." As the pace of living grows faster and the impact of new technologies more insistent, communications become hurried and impersonal. The drive for profit overrides the heart. Warmth and genuine presence fade.
In eighteen interlocking chapters, Dr. Ferrucci reveals that the kindest people are the most likely to thrive, to enable others to thrive, and to slowly but steadily turn our world away from violence, self-centeredness, and narcissism- and toward love. Writing with a rare combination of sensitivity and intellectual depth, Dr. Ferrucci shows that, ultimately, kindness is not a luxury in our world but rather a necessity for us all.
• How Can I Help?: Stories and Reflections on Service
• The Power of Kindness: The Unexpected Benefits of Leading a Compassionate Life--Tenth Anniversary Edition
• Your Inner Will: Finding Personal Strength in Critical Times
• Beauty and the Soul: The Extraordinary Power of Everyday Beauty to Heal Your Life
• Altruism: The Power of Compassion to Change Yourself and the World
• Legacy of the Heart: The Spiritual Advantages of a Painful Childhood
• Religious Pluralism in the Academy: Opening the Dialogue
• Family Secrets - The Path from Shame to Healing
• What We May Be: Techniques for Psychological and Spiritual Growth Through Psychosynthesis
• Privilege, Power, and Difference