BizStore » Books » Writer's Guide to Character Traits
Feature: Frame Material: Plastic
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Writer's Digest Books
Manufacturer: Writer's Digest Books
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 384
Publication Date: 2006-08-09
Publisher: Writer's Digest Books
Studio: Writer's Digest Books
• Frame Material: Plastic
• Lens Material: Plastic
• Lens Width: 55mm
• Bridge: 16mm
• Arm: 130mm
From Sex to Schizophrenia: Everything You Need to Develop Your Characters!
What makes a person commit a white-collar crime? Who is a likely candidate to join a cult? Why do children have imaginary friends? How does birth order affect whether or not a person gets married? When does mind over matter become a crippling problem?
Writer's Guide to Character Traits, 2nd edition answers all of these questions and many others. With more than 400 easy-to-reference lists of traits blended from a variety of behaviors and influences, you'll gain the knowledge you need to create distinctive characters whose personalities correspond to their thoughts and actions - no matter how normal or psychotic they might be. In this updated and expanded edition, you'll also find:
Plus, you'll learn about common - and not so common - psychological, physical, and relationship disorders; delve into the minds of criminals; find out what it takes to be a professional athlete, scientist, and truck driver; discover what life is like for a gang member, suicidal teen, and alcoholic; and more.
In Writer's Guide to Character Traits, 2nd edition, note psychologist and author Dr. Linda Edelstein takes you beyond generic personality types and into the depths of the human psyche where you're sure to find the resources you need to make your characters stand out from the crowd.
• The Emotional Wound Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide to Psychological Trauma
• The Negative Trait Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide to Character Flaws
• The Emotion Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide to Character Expression
• 45 Master Characters: Mythic Models for Creating Original Characters, Revised Edition
• The Positive Trait Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide to Character Attributes (Writers Helping Writers)
• Master Lists for Writers: Thesauruses, Plots, Character Traits, Names, and More
• The Rural Setting Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide to Personal and Natural Places
• Writer's Guide to Psychology: How to Write Accurately About Psychological Disorders, Clinical Treatment and Human Behavior
• Creating Character Arcs: The Masterful Author's Guide to Uniting Story Structure (Helping Writers Become Authors) (Volume 7)
• The Urban Setting Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide to City Spaces