BizStore » Books » The Deity of Christ
Brand: Crossway Books
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 320
Publication Date: 2011-06-14
The biblical teaching about the deity of Christ is a precious truth and foundational to the Christian faith. It has been called “the most distinctively Christian doctrine of all”—one that must be taught and preserved.
With this in mind, Robert Peterson, Christopher Morgan, Andreas Köstenberger, Steve Wellum, Gerald Bray, Alan Gomes, Ray Ortlund Jr., Stephen Nichols, and J. Nelson Jennings have collaborated to develop a theology of Christ’s divinity across multiple disciplines. Combining first-rate evangelical scholarship with rich application, their work examines this central doctrine from contemporary, historical, biblical, systematic, apologetic, and missional perspectives.
This accessible volume—the third in the noted Theology in Community series—guides readers to the significance of Christ’s deity across the Old and New Testaments, in Johannine literature, in popular culture and church history, and among cults and world religions. With its keen theological insight and straightforward application, this volume will give pastors, students, and educated readers a clear and useful treatment of the deity of Christ.
• Jesus in Trinitarian Perspective: An Intermediate Christology
• The Triune God (New Studies in Dogmatics)
• Christ Alone-The Uniqueness of Jesus as Savior: What the Reformers Taught.and Why It Still Matters (The Five Solas Series)
• New Testament Theology: Magnifying God in Christ
• God in the Whirlwind: How the Holy-love of God Reorients Our World
• Divinity and Humanity: The Incarnation Reconsidered (Current Issues in Theology)
• Jesus and the God of Israel: God Crucified and Other Studies on the New Testament's Christology of Divine Identity
• God's Glory in Salvation through Judgment: A Biblical Theology
• Sojourners and Strangers: The Doctrine of the Church
• Fabricating Jesus: How Modern Scholars Distort the Gospels