BizStore » Books » The Deity of Christ
Brand: Crossway Books
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 320
Publication Date: 2011-06-14
The biblical teaching about the deity of Christ is a precious truth and foundational to the Christian faith. It has been called “the most distinctively Christian doctrine of all”—one that must be taught and preserved.
With this in mind, Robert Peterson, Christopher Morgan, Andreas Köstenberger, Steve Wellum, Gerald Bray, Alan Gomes, Ray Ortlund Jr., Stephen Nichols, and J. Nelson Jennings have collaborated to develop a theology of Christ’s divinity across multiple disciplines. Combining first-rate evangelical scholarship with rich application, their work examines this central doctrine from contemporary, historical, biblical, systematic, apologetic, and missional perspectives.
This accessible volume—the third in the noted Theology in Community series—guides readers to the significance of Christ’s deity across the Old and New Testaments, in Johannine literature, in popular culture and church history, and among cults and world religions. With its keen theological insight and straightforward application, this volume will give pastors, students, and educated readers a clear and useful treatment of the deity of Christ.
• Jesus in Trinitarian Perspective: An Intermediate Christology
• Christ-Centered Preaching: Redeeming the Expository Sermon
• Jesus and the God of Israel: God Crucified and Other Studies on the New Testament's Christology of Divine Identity
• Fabricating Jesus: How Modern Scholars Distort the Gospels
• Divinity and Humanity: The Incarnation Reconsidered (Current Issues in Theology)
• Family Ministry Field Guide: How Your Church Can Equip Parents to Make Disciples
• The Doctrine of God (A Theology of Lordship)
• The Man Christ Jesus: Theological Reflections on the Humanity of Christ
• Trained in the Fear of God: Family Ministry in Theological, Historical, and Practical Perspective
• Putting Jesus in His Place: The Case for the Deity of Christ