BizStore » Books » A Child's Introduction to Poetry: Listen While You Learn About the Magic Words That Have Moved Mountains, Won Battles, and Made Us Laugh and Cry (Child's Introduction Series)
BizStore » Book
A Child's Introduction to Poetry: Listen While You Learn About the Magic Words That Have Moved Mountains, Won Battles, and Made Us Laugh and Cry (Child's Introduction Series)
Brand: Workman Publishing
Feature: Black Dog Leventhal Publishers
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Black Dog & Leventhal
Manufacturer: Black Dog & Leventhal
Manufacturer Maximum Age: 99
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 96
Publication Date: 2003-05-06
Publisher: Black Dog & Leventhal
Studio: Black Dog & Leventhal
• Black Dog Leventhal Publishers
Poetry can be fun-especially when we can read it, hear it, and discover its many delights with the help of cartoon character Professor Driscoll, delightful illustrations, and the poetry read aloud on CD.
This wide-ranging journey through the history and highlights of the world's poetry covers everything from epics and odes to nonsense verse and haikus, and is filled with examples of every style.
The multimedia package encourages children to listen, read, and learn-and opens the door to a lifetime of appreciation of a rich literary tradition.
It painlessly introduces kids (and parents, too) to the greatest poets in history, from Homer and Shakespeare to Robert Frost and Ogden Nash-and provides excellent examples of their work and commentary on what makes it so special. In short, this is a galloping tour through poetic history loaded with all of our most significant and beloved poems. In addition to charming illustrations on every lively page, A CHILD'S INTRODUCTION TO POETRY contains a full-length CD with wonderful renditions of the poems read by professional actors.
• Why is Art Full of Naked People: And other vital questions about art
• A Child's Introduction to Art: The World's Greatest Paintings and Sculptures (Child's Introduction Series)
• Medieval Tales
• A Child's Introduction to the World: Geography, Cultures, and People--From the Grand Canyon to the Great Wall of China (Child's Introduction Series)
• The Geography Book: Activities for Exploring, Mapping, and Enjoying Your World
• First Earth Encyclopedia (DK First Reference)
• The Random House Book of Fairy Tales
• First Space Encyclopedia: A Reference Guide to Our Galaxy and Beyond (DK First Reference)
• The Beginner's American History
• Story of the Orchestra : Listen While You Learn About the Instruments, the Music and the Composers Who Wrote the Music!