BizStore » Books » The Inclusion Breakthrough
Brand: Brand: Berrett-Koehler Publishers
Feature: Used Book in Good Condition
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Berrett-Koehler Publishers
Manufacturer: Berrett-Koehler Publishers
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 240
Publication Date: 2002-06-15
Publisher: Berrett-Koehler Publishers
Release Date: 2002-06-15
Studio: Berrett-Koehler Publishers
• Used Book in Good Condition
Constant, continuing, and cataclysmic change is causing a major crisis within business organizations today. Faced with constantly advancing technology, unpredictable market shifts, intense global competition, and an increasingly independent "free agent" workforce, the only way for an organization to adapt and succeed is to build a "culture of inclusion" that nurtures and draws on the talents of a diverse workforce.
Easy to say but hard to do; most organizations are mired in industrial revolution, static-world business models administered by monocultural, bordering-on-oppressive, "command and control" hierarchies. Organizations at risk include Fortune 500 giants, entrepreneurial start-ups, manufacturing and retail operations, government agencies, not-for-profits, educational institutions, and others.
Most organizational change efforts-whether labeled as diversity efforts, re-engineering, right-sizing, or total-quality-management-are a waste of time, money, and human effort. Most produce more cynicism than results, and they can poison the waters for future change efforts. The Inclusion Breakthrough cuts a path through this potential minefield, offering a proven methodology for strategic organizational change, including models for diagnosing, planning, and implementing inclusion-focused, culture-change strategies tailored to each organization's individual needs. It also describes the key competencies for leading and sustaining a culture of inclusion.
Offering real-world results of "before and after" surveys, including anecdotal and statistical reports of organizational change achieved using the methodologies described, The Inclusion Breakthrough presents an overview of current workplace conditions, attitudes, and policies based on interviews, surveys, and focus groups encompassing thousands of people in major organizations. The Inclusion Breakthrough demonstrates why the bottom line must be the central focus of any change strategy-and more importantly, how to carry that strategy out successfully.
• The Cultural Intelligence Difference: Master the One Skill You Can't Do Without in Today's Global Economy
• Managing Diversity: Toward a Globally Inclusive Workplace
• Many Colors: Cultural Intelligence for a Changing Church
• Managing Diversity: Expert Solutions to Everyday Challenges (Pocket Mentor)
• Power of 2: How to Make the Most of Your Partnerships at Work and in Life
• Opportunities and Challenges of Workplace Diversity (3rd Edition)
• Silos, Politics and Turf Wars: A Leadership Fable About Destroying the Barriers That Turn Colleagues Into Competitors
• The Allure of Toxic Leaders: Why We Follow Destructive Bosses and Corrupt Politicians--and How We Can Survive Them
• Zapp! The Lightning of Empowerment: How to Improve Quality, Productivity, and Employee Satisfaction
• The Fast Forward MBA in Project Management (Fast Forward MBA Series)