BizStore » Books » Mindfulness, Meditation, and Mind Fitness
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Conari Press
Manufacturer: Conari Press
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 272
Publication Date: 2015-04-01
Publisher: Conari Press
Studio: Conari Press
The Leveys introduce readers to dozens of mindfulness and meditation techniques, skillfully organized into five categories of practice, making Mindfulness, Meditation, and Mind Fitness a very comprehensive and easy-to-use resource for inner exploration and transformation.
This book offers a treasury of practical wisdom distilled from the Leveys' intensive study with many of the world's most respected authorities of the contemplative science and wisdom traditions, and an introduction to the mind-fitness disciplines necessary for personal mastery, wisdom, creativity, compassion, and resilience in times of increasing intensity and accelerating change. Given how many people needlessly suffer from overwhelm, exhaustion, and preventable stress-related illness, the Leveys' wisdom is needed now more than ever! This book is an inspiration for complete beginners, long-time meditators, and everyone in between, who seek to deepen and expand their practice.
Dr. Joel and Michelle Levey were among the very first to bring mindfulness and mind-fitness teachings to mainstream organizations beginning in the 1970s. They have taught tens of thousands of people in hundreds of leading corporations, medical centers, universities, sports, government, and military arenas - including Google, NASA, World Bank, Intel, M.I.T., Stanford, and World Business Academy. They are the founders of Wisdom at Work (http://wisdomatwork.com).
Originally published in hardcover as Simple Meditation and Relaxation (Conari Press, 1999) and in paperback as Luminous Mind (Conari Press, 2006).
• The Path of the Yoga Sutras: A Practical Guide to the Core of Yoga
• Mindfulness Skills Workbook for Clinicians and Clients: 111 Tools, Techniques, Activities & Worksheets
• Real Happiness: The Power of Meditation: A 28-Day Program
• Guided Imagery for Self-Healing
• Full Catastrophe Living (Revised Edition): Using the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain, and Illness
• Meditation as Spiritual Practice
• Mindfulness in Plain English
• Fully Present: The Science, Art, and Practice of Mindfulness
• Living in Balance: A Mindful Guide for Thriving in a Complex World
• Meditation ? The Complete Guide: Techniques from East and West to Calm the Mind, Heal the Body, and Enrich the Spirit