BizStore » Books » The Journey of Crazy Horse: A Lakota History
Binding: Audio CD
Brand: Brand: HighBridge Company
Feature: Used Book in Good Condition
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: HighBridge Audio
Manufacturer: HighBridge Audio
Number Of Items: 9
Publication Date: 2004-10-11
Publisher: HighBridge Audio
Release Date: 2004-10-11
Running Time: 11
Studio: HighBridge Audio
• Used Book in Good Condition
Most of the world remembers Crazy Horse as a peerless warrior who brought the U.S. Army to its knees at the Battle of Little Bighorn. But to his fellow Lakota Indians, he was a dutiful son and humble fighting man who-with valor, spirit, respect, and unparalleled leadership-fought for his people's land, livelihood, and honor. In this fascinating biography, Joseph M. Marshall, himself a Lakota Indian, creates a vibrant portrait of the man, his times, and his legacy.
Thanks to firsthand research and his culture's rich oral tradition (rarely shared outside the Native American community), Marshall reveals many aspects of Crazy Horse's life, including details of the powerful vision that convinced him of his duty to help preserve the Lakota homeland-a vision that changed the course of Crazy Horse's life and spurred him confidently into battle time and time again.
The Journey of Crazy Horse is the true story of how one man's fight for his people's survival roused his true genius as a strategist, commander, and trusted leader. And it is an unforgettable portrayal of a revered human being and a profound celebration of a culture, a community, and an enduring way of life.
• The Last Stand: Custer, Sitting Bull, and the Battle of the Little Bighorn
• Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee: An Indian History of the American West
• Empire of the Summer Moon: Quanah Parker and the Rise and Fall of the Comanches, the Most Powerful Indian Tribe in American History
• The Lakota Way
• The Earth is Weeping: The Epic Story of the Indian Wars for the American West
• Walking with Grandfather: The Wisdom of Lakota Elders
• The Lakota Way 2017 Wall Calendar: Native American Wisdom on Ethics and Character