BizStore » Books » Surviving Jamestown: The Adventures of Young Sam Collier
Brand: Brand: Peachtree Pub Ltd
Feature: Used Book in Good Condition
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Peachtree Publishing Company
Manufacturer: Peachtree Publishing Company
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 198
Publication Date: 2001-04-01
Publisher: Peachtree Publishing Company
Release Date: 2001-04-01
Studio: Peachtree Publishing Company
• Used Book in Good Condition
This stirring story of survival set against the backdrop of the founding of Jamestown, the first permanent English settlement in the New World, introduces Samuel Collier, the page of famed Captain John Smith.
In 1607, a year after the Virginia Company was granted a charter to establish a settlement in North America, 104 men set sail on a voyage to a new land. Among the brave adventurers who make the journey is a young boy named Samuel Collier, the page of famed Captain John Smith. Disease, famine, and continuing attacks by neighboring Algonquin Native Americans take a tremendous toll on the settlers. Samuel is one of the few to survive the harsh realities of the New World during the first few years of Jamestown.
Based on author Gail Karwoski’s careful research of the era, this fictional account portrays the struggles and successes of our country’s earliest settlers. Young readers will enjoy this story of courage and survival while learning about this important period in the history of the United States.
• A Lion to Guard Us
• My America: Our Strange New Land: Elizabeth's Jamestown Colony Diary, Book One
• Meet Christopher Columbus (Landmark Books)
• Christopher Columbus: Adventurer of Faith and Courage (Sowers)
• The Dreadful, Smelly Colonies: The Disgusting Details About Life in Colonial America (Disgusting History)
• You Wouldn't Want to Be an American Colonist!
• Stories of the Pilgrims
• Squanto, Friend Of The Pilgrims
• Samuel Eaton's Day: A Day in the Life of a Pilgrim Boy
• Blood on the River: James Town, 1607