BizStore » Books » Secrets From The Middle: Making Who You Are Work For You
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Association of Middle Level Education
Manufacturer: Association of Middle Level Education
Number Of Pages: 73
Publication Date: 2013-10-01
Publisher: Association of Middle Level Education
Studio: Association of Middle Level Education
You are who you are. You have a personality, a background, a belief system. To survive in a classroom with adolescents, you cannot turn on or off who you really are. That would be incredibly exhausting. Of course, you can make modifications and adjustments that is called survival. The key is to make who you are work for you and ultimately for your students.
Elyse S. Scott's book about what she learned from her 30-plus years teaching middle grades provides support for practicing teachers and anyone else who faces the challenge and joy of spending their days with young adolescents. Be inspired to tackle the nitty gritty of real-life teaching experience by marshaling your inner strength and tapping into all available resources. Learn how to take the risky step of thoroughly investing your authentic self with students to forge a relationship essential for their learning.
Learn how to:
Whether in PLCs, workshops, or staff meetings, educators can use this book as a guide to self-assess their interactions with adolescents, their view of their role in the classroom, and their place in the middle school community.
• Awakening the Middle School Voice: Engineering the Language Arts to Excite Adolescents
• Classroom Instruction That Works: Research-Based Strategies for Increasing Student Achievement
• Assessment and Student Success in a Differentiated Classroom
• How to Handle Hard-to-Handle Parents
• Managing the Madness: A Practical Guide to Middle Grades Classrooms
• The More-Than-Just-Surviving Handbook: ELL for Every Classroom Teacher
• Education for Choosing Life: Proposals for Difficult Times
• Language Arts: Patterns of Practice (8th Edition)
• Effective Assessment of Students: Determining Responsiveness to Instruction
• Science in Elementary Education: Methods, Concepts, and Inquiries (11th Edition)