BizStore » Books » Occupational Therapy Models for Intervention with Children and Families
Brand: Brand: Slack Incorporated
Feature: Used Book in Good Condition
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Slack Incorporated
Manufacturer: Slack Incorporated
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 224
Publication Date: 2007-04-15
Publisher: Slack Incorporated
Studio: Slack Incorporated
• Used Book in Good Condition
Occupational Therapy Models for Intervention with Children and Families explores recent theoretical models that enable occupational therapists to practice and interact with families in a more holistic and occupation-centered manner. This comprehensive and dynamic text offers the latest information on viewing the broader contexts of environment and family in order to meet diverse occupational needs in a range of settings.
Sandra Barker Dunbar presents a variety of case scenarios that feature culturally diverse populations and varying diagnoses of children with occupational needs. With contributions from 11 renowned leaders in occupational therapy, this comprehensive text is designed to increase awareness and understanding of theoretical models and their relationship to current occupational therapy practice with today’s children and families.
Inside Occupational Therapy Models for Intervention with Children and Families, traditional frames of reference in pediatric practice are explored, including sensory integration and neurodevelopmental treatment. Some current theoretical models discussed include the Model of Human Occupation, the Person-Environment-Occupation model, the Ecology of Human Performance model, and the Occupational Adaptation model. The new Occupational Therapy Practice Framework is incorporated throughout the text.
Employing a practical approach to this significant aspect of pediatric practice in occupational therapy, Occupational Therapy Models for Intervention with Children and Families is an invaluable tool for students at all curriculum levels.
• Occupational Therapy for Children and Adolescents (Case Review)
• Occupational Therapy for Physical Dysfunction Seventh Edition
• Applied theories in Occupational Therapy
• Occupational Therapy in Mental Health: A Vision for Participation
• Documenting Occupational Therapy Practice (3rd Edition)
• Willard and Spackman's Occupational Therapy
• Occupational Therapy Student to Clinician: Making the Transition
• The Evidence-Based Practitioner: Applying Research to Meet Client Needs
• Trail Guide to the Body: How to Locate Muscles, Bones and More
• Kinesiology of the Musculoskeletal System: Foundations for Rehabilitation