BizStore » Books » The Broadview Anthology of British Literature: Concise Volume A - Second Edition
Brand: Brand: Broadview Press
Feature: Used Book in Good Condition
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Broadview Press
Manufacturer: Broadview Press
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 1700
Publication Date: 2011-09-08
Publisher: Broadview Press
Studio: Broadview Press
• Used Book in Good Condition
In all six of its volumes The Broadview Anthology of British Literature presents British literature in a truly distinctive light. Fully grounded in sound literary and historical scholarship, the anthology takes a fresh approach to many canonical authors, and includes a wide selection of work by lesser-known writers. The anthology also provides wide-ranging coverage of the worldwide connections of British literature, and it pays attention throughout to issues of race, gender, class, and sexual orientation. It includes comprehensive introductions to each period, providing in each case an overview of the historical and cultural as well as the literary background. It features accessible and engaging headnotes for all authors, extensive explanatory annotations, and an unparalleled number of illustrations and contextual materials. Innovative, authoritative and comprehensive, The Broadview Anthology of British Literature has established itself as a leader in the field.
The full anthology comprises six bound volumes, together with an extensive website component; the latter has been edited, annotated, and designed according to the same high standards as the bound book component of the anthology, and is accessible by using the passcode obtained with the purchase of one or more of the bound volumes.
The two-volume Broadview Anthology of British Literature, Concise Edition provides an attractive alternative to the full six-volume anthology. Though much more compact, the concise edition nevertheless provides instructors with substantial choice, offering both a strong selection of canonical authors and a sampling of lesser-known works. With an unparalleled number of illustrations and contextual materials, accessible and engaging introductions, and full explanatory annotations, the concise edition of this acclaimed Broadview anthology provides focused yet wide-ranging coverage for British literature survey courses.
The second edition of this volume includes Chaucer’s “To Rosamond,” an expanded selection from Sidney’s Astrophil and Stella, and additional material from Elizabeth I. The new edition also offers an expanded selection from Paradise Lost as well as Pope’s Essay on Criticism and a new Contexts section on transatlantic literary currents.
• King Lear (Broadview Anthology of British Literature)
• The Broadview Anthology of British Literature: Concise Volume B - Second Edition: The Age of Romanticism - The Victorian Era - The Twentieth Century ... of British Literature - Second Edition)
• The Broadview Anthology of British Literature: Concise Edition, Volume A
• Native-American Literature: A Brief Introduction and Anthology
• The Norton Anthology of American Literature (Ninth Edition) (Vol. Package 1: Volumes A and B)
• Creative Impulse: An Introduction to the Arts (8th Edition)
• The Duchess of Malfi (Norton Critical Editions)
• Hispanic-American Literature: A Brief Introduction and Anthology
• Asian American Literature: A Brief Introduction and Anthology