BizStore » Books » Discrimination and Disparities
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Basic Books
Manufacturer: Basic Books
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 192
Publication Date: 2018-03-20
Publisher: Basic Books
Release Date: 2018-03-20
Studio: Basic Books
An empirical examination of how economic and other disparities arise
Economic and other outcomes differ vastly among individuals, groups, and nations. Many explanations have been offered for the differences. Some believe that those with less fortunate outcomes are victims of genetics. Others believe that those who are less fortunate are victims of the more fortunate.
Discrimination and Disparities gathers a wide array of empirical evidence from to challenge the idea that different economic outcomes can be explained by any one factor, be it discrimination, exploitation or genetics.
It is readable enough for people with no prior knowledge of economics. Yet the empirical evidence with which it backs up its analysis spans the globe and challenges beliefs across the ideological spectrum.
The point of Discrimination and Disparities is not to recommend some particular policy "fix" at the end, but to clarify why so many policy fixes have turned out to be counterproductive, and to expose some seemingly invincible fallacies--behind many counterproductive policies.
• Basic Economics
• Black Rednecks and White Liberals
• Trickle Down Theory and Tax Cuts for the Rich
• Wealth, Poverty and Politics
• Economic Facts and Fallacies, 2nd edition
• The Quest for Cosmic Justice
• Suicide of the West: How the Rebirth of Tribalism, Populism, Nationalism, and Identity Politics is Destroying American Democracy
• Intellectuals and Race
• Intellectuals and Society: Revised and Expanded Edition
• 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos