BizStore » Books » The Chapo Guide to Revolution: A Manifesto Against Logic, Facts, and Reason
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 320
Publication Date: 2018-08-21
Release Date: 2018-08-21
Instant New York Times bestseller
“Howard Zinn on acid or some bullsh*t like that.” —Tim Heidecker
The creators of the cult-hit podcast Chapo Trap House deliver a manifesto for everyone who feels orphaned and alienated—politically, culturally, and economically—by the bloodless Wall Street centrism of the Democrats and the lizard-brained atavism of the right: there is a better way, the Chapo Way.
In a manifesto that renders all previous attempts at political satire obsolete, The Chapo Guide to Revolution shows you that you don’t have to side with either the pear-shaped vampires of the right or the craven, lanyard-wearing wonks of contemporary liberalism. These self-described “assholes from the internet” offer a fully ironic ideology for all who feel politically hopeless and prefer broadsides and tirades to reasoned debate.
Learn the “secret” history of the world, politics, media, and everything in-between that THEY don’t want you to know and chart a course from our wretched present to a utopian future where one can post in the morning, game in the afternoon, and podcast after dinner without ever becoming a poster, gamer, or podcaster.
The Chapo Guide to Revolution features illustrated taxonomies of contemporary liberal and conservative characters, biographies of important thought leaders, “never before seen” drafts of Aaron Sorkin’s Newsroom manga, and the ten new laws that govern Chapo Year Zero (everyone gets a dog, billionaires are turned into Soylent, and logic is outlawed). If you’re a fan of sacred cows, prisoners being taken, and holds being barred, then this book is NOT for you. However, if you feel disenfranchised from the political and cultural nightmare we’re in, then Chapo, let’s go...
• Dril Official "Mr. Ten Years" Anniversary Collection
• Capitalist Realism: Is There No Alternative?
• Kill All Normies: Online Culture Wars From 4Chan And Tumblr To Trump And The Alt-Right
• The Conquest of Bread (The Kropotkin Collection)
• The Reactionary Mind: Conservatism from Edmund Burke to Donald Trump
• Manufacturing Consent: The Political Economy of the Mass Media
• October: The Story of the Russian Revolution
• Into The Hills, Young Master
• Marx, Capital, and the Madness of Economic Reason
• It's Time to Fight Dirty: How Democrats Can Build a Lasting Majority in American Politics