BizStore » Books » The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning: How to Free Yourself and Your Family from a Lifetime of Clutter
BizStore » Book
The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning: How to Free Yourself and Your Family from a Lifetime of Clutter
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 128
Publication Date: 2018-01-02
Release Date: 2018-01-02
A charming, practical, and unsentimental approach to putting a home in order while reflecting on the tiny joys that make up a long life.
In Sweden there is a kind of decluttering called döstädning, dö meaning “death” and städning meaning “cleaning.” This surprising and invigorating process of clearing out unnecessary belongings can be undertaken at any age or life stage but should be done sooner than later, before others have to do it for you. In The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning, artist Margareta Magnusson, with Scandinavian humor and wisdom, instructs readers to embrace minimalism. Her radical and joyous method for putting things in order helps families broach sensitive conversations, and makes the process uplifting rather than overwhelming.
Margareta suggests which possessions you can easily get rid of (unworn clothes, unwanted presents, more plates than you’d ever use) and which you might want to keep (photographs, love letters, a few of your children’s art projects). Digging into her late husband’s tool shed, and her own secret drawer of vices, Margareta introduces an element of fun to a potentially daunting task. Along the way readers get a glimpse into her life in Sweden, and also become more comfortable with the idea of letting go.
• Lagom: Not Too Little, Not Too Much: The Swedish Art of Living a Balanced, Happy Life
• A Year to Clear: A Daily Guide to Creating Spaciousness In Your Home and Heart
• The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing
• The Little Book of Hygge: Danish Secrets to Happy Living
• Decluttering at the Speed of Life: Winning Your Never-Ending Battle with Stuff
• Downsizing The Family Home: What to Save, What to Let Go (Downsizing the Home)
• The Gentle Art Of Swedish Death Cleaning: Declutter Yourself And Live A Balanced, Richer And Happier Life!
• I'm Dead, Now What? Important Information about My Belongings, Business Affairs, and Wishes
• Spark Joy: An Illustrated Master Class on the Art of Organizing and Tidying Up
• The Little Book of Fika: The Uplifting Daily Ritual of the Swedish Coffee Break