BizStore » Books » ACSM's Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 472
Publication Date: 2017-02-18
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
ACSM’s Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription is the flagship title from the American College of Sports Medicine, the prestigious organization that sets the standards for the exercise profession. This critical handbook delivers scientifically based standards on exercise testing and prescription to the certification candidate, the professional, and the student. This manual gives succinct summaries of recommended procedures for exercise testing and exercise prescription in healthy and diseased patients
The tenth edition reflects some crucial and exciting changes, making the content necessary for effective study and practice. New pre-exercise health screening recommendations are critical to helping more of the population begin a safe, healthy physical activity program without consulting a physician. New and expanded information on the risks of sedentary behavior, clinical exercise testing and interpretation, high intensity interval training, musculoskeletal injury risk, fitness testing protocols and norms, and an expansion of the principles of health behavior change are included. Additionally, significant reorganization of content will help you reach the information you need quickly.
This manual is an essential resource for all exercise professionals, as well as other health professionals who may council patients on exercise including physicians, nurses, physician’s assistants, physical and occupational therapists, dieticians, and health care administrators.
• ACSM's Certification Review
• ACSM's Resources for the Personal Trainer
• Dutton's Orthopaedic: Examination, Evaluation and Intervention, Fourth Edition
• ACSM's Resources for the Exercise Physiologist
• Motor Control: Translating Research into Clinical Practice
• ACSM's Resource Manual for Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription (ASCMS Resource Manual for Guidlies for Exercise Testing and Prescription)
• Therapeutic Exercise: Foundations and Techniques (Therapeudic Exercise: Foundations and Techniques)
• Kinesiology of the Musculoskeletal System: Foundations for Rehabilitation, 3e
• Essentials of Cardiopulmonary Physical Therapy, 4e
• Orthopedic Physical Examination Tests: An Evidence-Based Approach (2nd Edition)