BizStore » Books » Beginning Ruby: From Novice to Professional
Edition: 3rd ed.
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 454
Publication Date: 2016-07-12
Release Date: 2016-07-12
Learn the principles behind object-oriented programming and within a few chapters create a fully functional Ruby application. You'll also gain a basic understanding of many ancillary technologies such as databases, XML, web frameworks, and networking - some of which are needed as part of a fully functioning Ruby application.
Based on the bestselling first and second editions, Beginning Ruby, Third Edition is a leading guide to learn Ruby from the ground up. The new edition of this book provides the same excellent introduction to Ruby as the previous editions plus updates for the newest version of Ruby 2.3. This book can also be used as a textbook or companion to a textbook on beginning Ruby programming.
The light and agile Ruby programming language remains a very popular open source scripting option for developers building today's web and even some enterprise applications. And, now, Ruby also has applications using the Raspberry Pi, popular among hobbyists and makers. Many former Java developers still use Ruby on Rails today, the most popular framework for building Ruby applications.
What You'll Learn
Who This Book Is For
Beginning programmers, programmers new to Ruby, and web developers interested in learning and knowing the foundations of the Ruby programming language.
• Learn to Program, Second Edition (The Facets of Ruby Series)
• The Well-Grounded Rubyist
• Ruby on Rails Tutorial: Learn Web Development with Rails (4th Edition) (Addison-Wesley Professional Ruby Series)
• Learning SQL: Master SQL Fundamentals
• Programming Ruby 1.9 & 2.0: The Pragmatic Programmers' Guide (The Facets of Ruby)
• Practical Object-Oriented Design in Ruby: An Agile Primer (Addison-Wesley Professional Ruby Series)
• The Manga Guide to Databases
• SQL Queries for Mere Mortals: A Hands-On Guide to Data Manipulation in SQL (3rd Edition)
• The Rails 5 Way (4th Edition) (Addison-Wesley Professional Ruby Series)