BizStore » Books » The Innovators: How a Group of Hackers, Geniuses, and Geeks Created the Digital Revolution
BizStore » Book
The Innovators: How a Group of Hackers, Geniuses, and Geeks Created the Digital Revolution
Brand: SIMON SCHUSTER
Feature: SIMON SCHUSTER
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Simon & Schuster
Manufacturer: Simon & Schuster
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 560
Publication Date: 2015-10-06
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Release Date: 2015-10-06
Studio: Simon & Schuster
• SIMON SCHUSTER
Following his blockbuster biography of Steve Jobs, Walter Isaacson’s New York Times bestselling and critically acclaimed The Innovators is a “riveting, propulsive, and at times deeply moving” (The Atlantic) story of the people who created the computer and the Internet.
What were the talents that allowed certain inventors and entrepreneurs to turn their visionary ideas into disruptive realities? What led to their creative leaps? Why did some succeed and others fail?
The Innovators is a masterly saga of collaborative genius destined to be the standard history of the digital revolution—and an indispensable guide to how innovation really happens. Isaacson begins the adventure with Ada Lovelace, Lord Byron’s daughter, who pioneered computer programming in the 1840s. He explores the fascinating personalities that created our current digital revolution, such as Vannevar Bush, Alan Turing, John von Neumann, J.C.R. Licklider, Doug Engelbart, Robert Noyce, Bill Gates, Steve Wozniak, Steve Jobs, Tim Berners-Lee, and Larry Page.
This is the story of how their minds worked and what made them so inventive. It’s also a narrative of how their ability to collaborate and master the art of teamwork made them even more creative. For an era that seeks to foster innovation, creativity, and teamwork, The Innovators is “a sweeping and surprisingly tenderhearted history of the digital age” (The New York Times).
• Einstein: His Life and Universe
• The Wise Men: Six Friends and the World They Made
• Benjamin Franklin: An American Life
• Hackers: Heroes of the Computer Revolution
• Troublemakers: Silicon Valley's Coming of Age
• Race Against the Machine: How the Digital Revolution is Accelerating Innovation, Driving Productivity, and Irreversibly Transforming Employment and the Economy
• Leonardo da Vinci
• Where Wizards Stay Up Late: The Origins Of The Internet
• Steve Jobs
• The Idea Factory: Bell Labs and the Great Age of American Innovation