BizStore » Books » If You Only Knew: My Unlikely, Unavoidable Story of Becoming Free
Brand: B&H Publishing Group
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: B&H Books
Manufacturer: B&H Books
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 240
Publication Date: 2018-01-30
Publisher: B&H Books
Release Date: 2018-01-30
Studio: B&H Books
What if you knew all the moments of my past that I am not proud of? What if you really knew me, the messy parts that I’ve hoped to forget and worked hard to conceal? For so long, my greatest fear was what you might think of me if you only knew the whole story.
It’s exhausting, this guarding of our stories and struggles. Fear of being found out had caused me to hide—but I wasn’t just covering my flaws, I was unintentionally blocking the beauty of God’s grace. My journey to real freedom began when I quit running from my mess and started trusting Jesus to make something beautiful of it.
This book is that story. It’s stepping out of shame and insecurity into gospel freedom. It’s letting God turn our failures and frailties into testimonies of His faithfulness. I’ve discovered that when we quit hiding, God gets the glory and we are able to fully embrace not only our relationship with Him, but also with one another.
Transparency brings freedom, and in every moment, we'll find that God can absolutely be trusted.
• Imperfect Courage: Live a Life of Purpose by Leaving Comfort and Going Scared
• Remember God
• Gay Girl, Good God: The Story of Who I Was, and Who God Has Always Been
• Sex, Jesus, and the Conversations the Church Forgot
• Everybody, Always: Becoming Love in a World Full of Setbacks and Difficult People
• Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies About Who You Are so You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be
• Love Lives Here: Finding What You Need in a World Telling You What You Want
• Preach to Yourself: When Your Inner Critic Comes Calling, Talk Back with Truth
• It's Not Supposed to Be This Way: Finding Unexpected Strength When Disappointments Leave You Shattered
• Unseen: The Gift of Being Hidden in a World That Loves to Be Noticed