BizStore » Books » Executive Skills in Children and Adolescents, Third Edition: A Practical Guide to Assessment and Intervention (The Guilford Practical Intervention in the Schools Series)
BizStore » Book
Executive Skills in Children and Adolescents, Third Edition: A Practical Guide to Assessment and Intervention (The Guilford Practical Intervention in the Schools Series)
Edition: Third Edition, Lay-Flat Paperback
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: The Guilford Press
Manufacturer: The Guilford Press
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 332
Publication Date: 2018-06-13
Publisher: The Guilford Press
Release Date: 2018-06-08
Studio: The Guilford Press
Many tens of thousands of school practitioners and teachers (K–12) have benefited from the step-by-step guidelines and practical tools in this influential go-to resource, now revised and expanded with six new chapters. The third edition presents effective ways to assess students' strengths and weaknesses, create supportive instructional environments, and promote specific skills, such as organization, time management, sustained attention, and emotional control. Strategies for individualized and classwide intervention are illustrated with vivid examples and sample scripts. In a large-size format with lay-flat binding for easy photocopying, the book includes 38 reproducible forms and handouts. Purchasers get access to a Web page where they can download and print the reproducible materials.
New to This Edition
*Chapter with guidance and caveats for developing individual education programs (IEPs), 504 Plans, and multi-tiered systems of support (MTSS).
*Chapters on working with students with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and autism spectrum disorder.
*Three guest-authored chapters describing exemplary schoolwide applications.
*More student centered--provides a template for involving children in intervention decision making.
*Fully updated with the latest developments in the field.
This book is in The Guilford Practical Intervention in the Schools Series, edited by T. Chris Riley-Tillman.
• Coaching Students with Executive Skills Deficits (The Guilford Practical Intervention in the Schools Series)
• The Work-Smart Academic Planner, Revised Edition: Write It Down, Get It Done
• Smart but Scattered Teens: The "Executive Skills" Program for Helping Teens Reach Their Potential
• Smart but Scattered: The Revolutionary "Executive Skills" Approach to Helping Kids Reach Their Potential
• Promoting Executive Function in the Classroom (What Works for Special-Needs Learners)
• The Smart but Scattered Guide to Success: How to Use Your Brain's Executive Skills to Keep Up, Stay Calm, and Get Organized at Work and at Home
• Executive Function in the Classroom: Practical Strategies for Improving Performance and Enhancing Skills for All Students
• Late, Lost, and Unprepared: A Parents' Guide to Helping Children with Executive Functioning
• Effective School Interventions, Third Edition: Evidence-Based Strategies for Improving Student Outcomes
• The Executive Functioning Workbook for Teens: Help for Unprepared, Late, and Scattered Teens