BizStore » Books » Managing Pain Before It Manages You, Fourth Edition
Brand: Taylor Francis
Feature: Taylor Francis
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: The Guilford Press
Manufacturer: The Guilford Press
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 281
Publication Date: 2016-01-06
Publisher: The Guilford Press
Studio: The Guilford Press
• Taylor Francis
Join the hundreds of thousands of readers who have found help and hope for getting their lives back from chronic pain in this empowering workbook. Top pain specialist and physician Margaret A. Caudill spells out 10 steps that can radically change the way you feel--both physically and emotionally. Dr. Caudill provides state-of-the-art information about the causes and treatment of pain and guides you to:
*Identify what increases and decreases your symptoms.
*Reduce your pain and emotional distress.
*Make informed decisions about medications and nutritional therapies.
*Benefit from relaxation (including audio downloads), meditation, and gentle exercise.
*Communicate effectively about your pain.
*Learn essential skills for coping and problem solving.
*Set and meet doable personal goals (you can download and print additional copies of the worksheets as needed).
The fully updated fourth edition incorporates important advances in pain management and mind–body medicine. It features new content on mindfulness, a "Quick Skill" section in each chapter with simple exercises that can have an immediate impact, updated supplementary reading and resources (including smartphone apps), and more.
• The Pain Survival Guide: How to Reclaim Your Life (APA Lifetools)
• Managing Chronic Pain: A Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy Approach Workbook (Treatments That Work)
• Less Pain, Fewer Pills: Avoid the Dangers of Prescription Opioids and Gain Control over Chronic Pain
• You Are Not Your Pain: Using Mindfulness to Relieve Pain, Reduce Stress, and Restore Well-Being---An Eight-Week Program
• Managing Chronic Pain: A Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy Approach Therapist Guide (Treatments That Work)
• Full Catastrophe Living (Revised Edition): Using the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain, and Illness