BizStore » Books » The Washington Manual of Rheumatology Subspecialty Consult
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 384
Publication Date: 2012-06-13
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
This concise and practical reference, tailored for fellows, residents, and medical students rotating on rheumatology subspecialty services, covers both inpatient and outpatient management of rheumatology with the same clinical practicality as the widely popular Washington Manual™ of Medical Therapeutics. This manual also serves as a pocket reference for medical professionals specializing in rheumatology.
It is the result of a collaborative effort of residents, fellows, and clinical faculty from the distinguished Washington University School of Medicine and focuses on how to approach rheumatologic problems. It provides guidance on how to perform the musculoskeletal exam and arthrocentesis, what laboratory testing may prove useful, and which medications are appropriate , including dosages and recommended monitoring, all framed within a brief overview of the major rheumatologic diseases.
New features include:
· Second color added to help highlight key points
· Bulleted format for quick reference to content making it easier for you find information pertinent to your needs
· New chapter on the recently elucidated Hereditary Periodic Fever Syndromes
· Updated chapter on drugs used in the treatment of rheumatic disease including six biologic agents approved by the FDA since last edition
Don’t miss the other key topics in The Washington Manual™ Subspecialty Consult Series:
· Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
· Hematology and Oncology
· Infectious Disease
The Washington Manual™ is a registered mark belonging to Washington University in St. Louis to which international legal protection applies. The mark is used in this publication by LWW under license from Washington University.
• Rheumatology Secrets
• Rheumatology Board Review
• Current Diagnosis & Treatment in Rheumatology, Third Edition (LANGE CURRENT Series)
• Primer on the Rheumatic Diseases
• The Washington Manual of Infectious Disease Subspecialty Consult (The Washington Manual® Subspecialty Consult Series)
• The Washington Manual of Nephrology Subspecialty Consult (The Washington Manual Subspecialty Consult Series)
• The Washington Manual Pulmonary Medicine Subspecialty Consult (The Washington Manual® Subspecialty Consult Series)
• The Washington Manual of Endocrinology Subspecialty Consult (Washington Manual Subspecialty Consult Series)
• The Washington Manual Hematology and Oncology Subspecialty Consult (Lippincott Manual Series)
• The Washington Manual of Cardiology Subspecialty Consult (The Washington Manual Subspecialty Consult Series)