BizStore » Books » In Defense of the Bible: A Comprehensive Apologetic for the Authority of Scripture
Brand: B & H Publishing Group
Feature: Used Book in Good Condition
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: B&H Academic
Manufacturer: B&H Academic
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 512
Publication Date: 2013-07-01
Publisher: B&H Academic
Release Date: 2013-07-01
Studio: B&H Academic
• Used Book in Good Condition
In Defense of the Bible gathers exceptional articles by accomplished scholars (Paul Copan, William A. Dembski, Mary Jo Sharp, Darrell L. Bock, etc.), addressing and responding to all of the major contemporary challenges to the divine inspiration and authority of Scripture.
The book begins by looking at philosophical and methodological challenges to the Bible—questions about whether or not it is logically possible for God to communicate verbally with human beings; what it means to say the Bible is true in response to postmodern concerns about the nature of truth; defending the clarity of Scripture against historical skepticism and relativism.
Contributors also explore textual and historical challenges—charges made by Muslims, Mormons, and skeptics that the Bible has been corrupted beyond repair; questions about the authorship of certain biblical books; allegations that the Bible borrows from pagan myths; the historical reliability of the Old and New Testaments.
Final chapters take on ethical, scientific, and theological challenges— demonstrating the Bible's moral integrity regarding the topics of slavery and sexism; harmonizing exegetical and theological conclusions with the findings of science; addressing accusations that the Christian canon is the result of political and theological manipulation; ultimately defending the Bible as not simply historically reliable and consistent, but in fact the Word of God.
• Christianity and the Nature of Science: A Philosophical Investigation
• Reason for the Hope Within
• Love Your God with All Your Mind: The Role of Reason in the Life of the Soul
• On the Reliability of the Old Testament
• Is God a Moral Monster?: Making Sense of the Old Testament God
• Disturbing Divine Behavior: Troubling Old Testament Images of God
• Reading Genesis 1-2: An Evangelical Conversation
• Israel: Ancient Kingdom or Late Invention?
• Athenagoras' Embassy for the Christians and on the Resurrection of the Dead: Edited with Notes and Commentary by Rev. Aaron SIMMs (St. Polycarp Church Fathers)
• The God I Don't Understand: Reflections on Tough Questions of Faith