BizStore » Books » The Whole Christ: Legalism, Antinomianism, and Gospel Assurance—Why the Marrow Controversy Still Matters
BizStore » Book
The Whole Christ: Legalism, Antinomianism, and Gospel Assurance—Why the Marrow Controversy Still Matters
Brand: Crossway Books
Feature: The Whole Christ Legalism Antinomianism and Gospel Assurance Why the Marrow Controversy Still Matters
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 256
Publication Date: 2016-01-31
• The Whole Christ Legalism Antinomianism and Gospel Assurance Why the Marrow Controversy Still Matters
Since the days of the early church, Christians have wrestled with the relationship between law and gospel. If, as the apostle Paul says, salvation is by grace and the law cannot save, what relevance does the law have for Christians today?
By revisiting the Marrow Controversy—a famous but largely forgotten eighteenth-century debate related to the proper relationship between God’s grace and our works—Sinclair B. Ferguson sheds light on this central issue and why it still matters today. In doing so, he explains how our understanding of the relationship between law and gospel determines our approach to evangelism, our pursuit of sanctification, and even our understanding of God himself.
Ferguson shows us that the antidote to the poison of legalism on the one hand and antinomianism on the other is one and the same: the life-giving gospel of Jesus Christ, in whom we are simultaneously justified by faith, freed for good works, and assured of salvation.
• Devoted to God: Blueprints for Sanctification
• Church History 101: The Highlights of Twenty Centuries
• The Marrow of Modern Divinity
• Defining Deception: Freeing the Church from the Mystical-Miracle Movement
• The Whole Christ Study Guide
• Some Pastors and Teachers
• In Christ Alone: Living the Gospel Centered Life
• Union with Christ: The Way to Know and Enjoy God
• Our Secular Age: Ten Years of Reading and Applying Charles Taylor
• The Marrow of Modern Divinity (PROXY)