BizStore » Books » Art of Floral Arranging, The: Learning from the Master Florists at Flower School New York
BizStore » Book
Art of Floral Arranging, The: Learning from the Master Florists at Flower School New York
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Gibbs Smith
Manufacturer: Gibbs Smith
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 136
Publication Date: 2007-10-10
Publisher: Gibbs Smith
Studio: Gibbs Smith
Learn how to create breathtaking bouquets from the master florists of Flower School New York. Trendsetting celebrity designers whose high-profile clients include Calvin Klein, Giorgio Armani, Anna Wintour, Gucci, and Tom Ford, join forces with entrepreneur Eileen Johnson at this famed floral arranging school. They now offer instruction and insight into the art and aesthetic of flower arranging taught by a faculty of world-renowned florists.
Discover tips and techniques such as:
Learn the secrets from these Master Florists:
Michael George built his reputation on clean, architectural arrangements, which came to be known as Floral Minimalism or Architectonic in the art critic world. His clients include Vera Wang, Calvin Klein, Giorgio Armani, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Prada, and Martha Stewart Living.
Chris Giftos is reverently described as the pioneer of event design. As master florist of The Metropolitan Museum of Art for 33 years, Giftos arranged thousands of flowers for the lobby and events, working with legendary figures Diana Vreeland, Pat Buckley, Tom Ford, and Anna Wintour.
Remco Van Vliet is the current design director for flower design at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
Charles Masson is the owner and sole florist for La Grenouille, one of the most beautiful and renowned French restaurants in Manhattan also known for its spectacular flowers.
Cas Trap is currently the executive director of the elite floral wholesale importing company, Dutch Flower Line. Mr. Trap is also partner with his brother, Remco Van Vliet, in Van Vliet & Trap.
Additional instructors include Junko Miura, Elizabeth Ryan, Meredith Waga, and Felipe Sastre!
Visit www.flowerschoolny.com for more information
• The Flower Workshop: Lessons in Arranging Blooms, Branches, Fruits, and Foraged Materials
• Living Art: Style Your Home With Flowers
• The Flower Chef: A Modern Guide to Do-It-Yourself Floral Arrangements
• Seasonal Flower Arranging: Fill Your Home with Blooms, Branches, and Foraged Materials All Year Round
• Branches & Blooms: A Step-by-Step Guide to Creating Magical Centerpieces, Wreaths, Garlands, and Other Unexpected Arrangements
• The Flower Recipe Book
• Table Flowers: Over 50 Arrangements for Simple, Special and Spectacular Occasions
• Flowers for the Table: Arrangements and Bouquets for All Seasons
• Matthew Robbins' Inspired Weddings: Designing Your Big Day with Favorite Objects and Family Treasures
• Styling Nature: A Masterful Approach to Floral Arrangements