BizStore » Books » The Skin I'm In
Brand: Perfection Learning
Feature: Great product!
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Hyperion Book CH
Manufacturer: Hyperion Book CH
Manufacturer Maximum Age: 14
Manufacturer Minimum Age: 10
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 176
Publication Date: 2007-07-17
Publisher: Hyperion Book CH
Release Date: 2007-07-31
Studio: Hyperion Book CH
• Great product!
Maleeka suffers every day from the taunts of the other kids in her class. If they're not getting at her about her homemade clothes or her good grades, it's about her dark, black skin.
When a new teacher, whose face is blotched with a startling white patch, starts at their school, Maleeka can see there is bound to be trouble for her too. But the new teacher's attitude surprises Maleeka. Miss Saunders loves the skin she's in. Can Maleeka learn to do the same?
• Money Hungry (new cover)
• Questioning Assumptions and Challenging Perceptions: Becoming an Effective Teacher in Urban Environments
• Essentials of Children's Literature (7th Edition)
• Begging for Change
• Guided Reading: Good First Teaching for All Children (F&P Professional Books and Multimedia)
• Interactive Writing: How Language & Literacy Come Together, K-2
• Literacy for the 21st Century: A Balanced Approach (5th Edition)
• Be Confident in Who You Are (Middle School Confidential Series) (Bk. 1)