BizStore » Books » Classroom Instruction That Works: Research-Based Strategies for Increasing Student Achievement
BizStore » Book
Classroom Instruction That Works: Research-Based Strategies for Increasing Student Achievement
Brand: Association for Supervision Curriculum Deve
Feature: Association for Supervision Curriculum Deve
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 188
Publication Date: 2013-12-13
• Association for Supervision Curriculum Deve
In 2001, Classroom Instruction That Works inspired more than a million teachers to refine their approach to teaching by asking and answering these questions: What works in education? How do we know? How can educational research find its way into the classroom? How can we apply it to help individual students?
This all-new, completely revised second edition of that classic text pulls from years of research, practice, and results to reanalyze and reevaluate the nine instructional strategies that have the most positive effects on teaching and learning:
A new framework organizes these strategies in preparation for instructional planning, and it highlights the point that all of the strategies are effective and should be used to complement one another. Each teaching strategy is supported with recommended classroom practices, examples of the strategy in use, tips for teaching, and information about using the strategy with today's learners.
Whether you are coming to this book for the first time or are a veritable expert in the nine strategies, this second edition will help you develop your instructional approach, broaden your influence as a teacher, and enhance the learning potential of all your students. We haven't reinvented the wheel. We've taken classroom instruction that works and made it thrive.
• The Understanding by Design Guide to Creating High-Quality Units
• Fair Isn't Always Equal: Assessing & Grading in the Differentiated Classroom
• Do I Really Have to Teach Reading?: Content Comprehension, Grades 6-12
• Checking for Understanding: Formative Assessment Techniques for Your Classroom, 2nd edition
• Teaching Reading in the Content Areas: If Not Me, Then Who?, 3rd edition
• Teaching Writing in the Content Areas
• Teach Like a Champion 2.0: 62 Techniques that Put Students on the Path to College
• 95 Strategies for Remodeling Instruction: Ideas for Incorporating CCSS
• The BSCS 5E Instructional Model: Creating Teachable Moments
• I Read It, but I Don't Get It: Comprehension Strategies for Adolescent Readers