BizStore » Books » Les Miserables (Enriched Classics)
Binding: Mass Market Paperback
Brand: Hugo, Victor
Edition: Enriched Classic
Format: Special Edition
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Simon & Schuster
Manufacturer: Simon & Schuster
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 656
Publication Date: 2005-05-01
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Release Date: 2005-05-01
Studio: Simon & Schuster
Enriched Classics offer readers accessible editions of great works of literature enhanced by helpful notes and commentary. Each book includes educational tools alongside the text, enabling students and readers alike to gain a deeper and more developed understanding of the writer and their work.
Les Miserables tells the story of ex-convict, Jean Valjean, and his valiant struggle to redeem his past. A potent social document of the poverty, ignorance, and brutality of man, Les Miserables is also a rousing adventure story, famous for such unrivaled scenes as the brilliant depiction of the Battle of Waterloo. Victor Hugo reached the peak of his powers in this far-reaching novel of nineteenth-century France. Here are combined the dramatic skills of Hugo the playwright, the rich imagination of Hugo the poet, and the compassion of Hugo the man.
Enriched Classics enhance your engagement by introducing and explaining the historical and cultural significance of the work, the author’s personal history, and what impact this book had on subsequent scholarship. Each book includes discussion questions that help clarify and reinforce major themes and reading recommendations for further research.
Read with confidence.
• Jesus Christ (student book): God's Love Made Visible (Living in Christ)
• The Bible (student book): The Living Word of God (Living in Christ)
• World History Survey, Student Edition
• The Early American Republic, 1789-1829
• Cyrano de Bergerac (Dover Thrift Editions)
• G. K. Chesterton The Dover Reader (Dover Thrift Editions)
• The Kreutzer Sonata and Other Short Stories (Dover Thrift Editions)
• Faust, Part One (Oxford World's Classics) (Pt. 1)
• Crime and Punishment (Bantam Classics)