BizStore » Books » Les Miserables (Enriched Classics)
Binding: Mass Market Paperback
Brand: Hugo, Victor
Edition: Enriched Classic
Format: Special Edition
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Simon & Schuster
Manufacturer: Simon & Schuster
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 656
Publication Date: 2005-05-01
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Release Date: 2005-05-01
Studio: Simon & Schuster
Enriched Classics offer readers accessible editions of great works of literature enhanced by helpful notes and commentary. Each book includes educational tools alongside the text, enabling students and readers alike to gain a deeper and more developed understanding of the writer and their work.
Les Miserables tells the story of ex-convict, Jean Valjean, and his valiant struggle to redeem his past. A potent social document of the poverty, ignorance, and brutality of man, Les Miserables is also a rousing adventure story, famous for such unrivaled scenes as the brilliant depiction of the Battle of Waterloo. Victor Hugo reached the peak of his powers in this far-reaching novel of nineteenth-century France. Here are combined the dramatic skills of Hugo the playwright, the rich imagination of Hugo the poet, and the compassion of Hugo the man.
Enriched Classics enhance your engagement by introducing and explaining the historical and cultural significance of the work, the author’s personal history, and what impact this book had on subsequent scholarship. Each book includes discussion questions that help clarify and reinforce major themes and reading recommendations for further research.
Read with confidence.
• Great Expectations (Oxford World's Classics)
• Europe: A History
• Faust, Part One (Oxford World's Classics) (Pt. 1)
• Classical Me, Classical Thee: Squander Not Thine Education
• Writing About World Literature: A Guide for Students
• Jesus Christ (student book): God's Love Made Visible (Living in Christ)
• Unshakable Foundations: Contemporary Answers to Crucial Questions about the Christian Faith
• Jesus Christ: Source of Our Salvation (Encountering Jesus)(2nd Edition)
• Sense and Sensibility (Dover Thrift Editions)