BizStore » Books » The Adventures and the Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes (Sterling Unabridged Classics)
Brand: Brand: Sterling
Feature: Used Book in Good Condition
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 576
Publication Date: 2004-10-01
• Used Book in Good Condition
The illustrations for this series were created by Scott McKowen, who, with his wife Christina Poddubiuk, operates Punch & Judy Inc., a company specializing in design and illustration for theater and performing arts. Their projects often involve research into the visual aspects of historical settings and characters. Christina is a theater set and costume designer and contributed advice on the period clothing for the illustrations.
Scott created these drawings in scratchboard an engraving medium which evokes the look of popular art from the period of these stories. Scratchboard is an illustration board with a specifically prepared surface of hard white chalk. A thin layer of black ink is rolled over the surface, and lines are drawn by hand with a sharp knife by scraping through the ink layer to expose the white surface underneath. The finished drawings are then scanned and the color is added digitally.
It’s elementary—there’s no more intriguing detective than Sherlock Holmes, with his unequalled powers of deduction, and no better mysteries than the tricky ones that only he can solve. Here are some of the finest Holmes stories, recounted by his trusty friend and assistant, Dr. Watson.
• The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes (Macmillan Collector's Library)
• Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea (A Penguin Classics Hardcover)
• The Case-book of Sherlock Holmes (Macmillan Collector's Library)
• The Call of the Wild and White Fang (Sterling Unabridged Classics)
• Don Quixote (A Penguin Classics Hardcover)
• The Mayor of Casterbridge (A Penguin Classics Hardcover)
• Treasure Island (Chump Change Edition)
• The Story of King Arthur and His Knights (Sterling Unabridged Classics)
• Oliver Twist (Macmillan Collector's Library)
• Crime and Punishment (Macmillan Collector's Library)