BizStore » Books » Healthy Is the New Skinny: Your Guide to Self-Love in a "Picture Perfect" World
Brand: Hay House Inc
Feature: Hay House Inc
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Hay House, Inc.
Manufacturer: Hay House, Inc.
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 312
Publication Date: 2017-01-17
Publisher: Hay House, Inc.
Release Date: 2017-01-17
Studio: Hay House, Inc.
• Hay House Inc
We live in a world where beauty is everything. Society tells us that if we just looked a certain way, if we had the right products, if we were skinny enough, then we would be enough—we would have value. Society is wrong, but it took Katie H. Willcox years to understand this:
“Over the course of my 30 short years, I have both worked as a professional model and been the exact opposite of our culture’s beauty ideal. I have struggled with my weight and felt like I didn’t and never would fit in. Then I had a powerful realization: my misery and self-loathing didn’t change with my weight or how ‘pretty’ society thought I was, so my looks weren’t the source of happiness and worth that I had believed them to be. But then, what was? And how had I come to invest so much of myself in beliefs that were so untrue?”
In these pages, Katie shares the lessons she learned in her journey to find the answers to these questions. She reveals who gains from our feeling small and why we need to examine the messages we receive from our culture and our families. She explains how we can redefine beauty, make healthy the new “skinny,” and harness the power of our thoughts to choose self-love. Katie encourages us to discover our true magnificent selves, find our purpose, and pursue our dreams—and help others to do the same.
Join the movement! Visit www.HealthyIsTheNewSkinny.com and follow us on Instagram @healthyisthenewskinny.
• The Goddess Revolution: Make Peace with Food, Love Your Body and Reclaim Your Life
• A New Model: What Confidence, Beauty, and Power Really Look Like
• The Champagne Diet: Eat, Drink, and Celebrate Your Way to a Healthy Mind and Body!
• Mastering Your Mean Girl: The No-BS Guide to Silencing Your Inner Critic and Becoming Wildly Wealthy, Fabulously Healthy, and Bursting with Love
• Her Best F***ing Life: Planner & Workbook
• Body Kindness: Transform Your Health from the Inside Out--and Never Say Diet Again
• Body Positive Power: How to stop dieting, make peace with your body and live
• Health At Every Size: The Surprising Truth About Your Weight
• Style Your Mind: A Workbook and Lifestyle Guide For Women Who Want to Design Their Thoughts, Empower Themselves, and Build a Beautiful Life
• Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies About Who You Are so You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be