BizStore » Books » Theory and Practice of Counseling and Psychotherapy
Brand: Brooks / Cole
Feature: Like new! No markings or highlighting. This book was used as a rental textbook.
Format: Student Edition
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Cengage Learning
Manufacturer: Cengage Learning
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 560
Publication Date: 2016-01-01
Publisher: Cengage Learning
Studio: Cengage Learning
• Like new! No markings or highlighting. This book was used as a rental textbook.
Incorporating the thinking, feeling, and behaving dimensions of human experience, the tenth edition of Corey's best-selling text helps you compare and contrast the therapeutic models expressed in counseling theories. Corey introduces you to the major theories (psychoanalytic, Adlerian, existential, person-centered, Gestalt, reality, behavior, cognitive-behavior, family systems, feminist, postmodern, and integrative approaches) and demonstrates how each theory can be applied to two cases ("Stan" and "Gwen"). He shows you how to apply theories in practice, and helps you learn to integrate the theories into an individualized counseling style. New learning objectives identify key aspects of each theory and focus your study.
• Student Manual for Corey's Theory and Practice of Counseling and Psychotherapy
• The Gift of Therapy: An Open Letter to a New Generation of Therapists and Their Patients
• The Life Span: Human Development for Helping Professionals (4th Edition)
• Learning the Art of Helping: Building Blocks and Techniques (6th Edition)
• Issues and Ethics in the Helping Professions, Updated with 2014 ACA Codes (Book Only)
• Intentional Interviewing and Counseling: Facilitating Client Development in a Multicultural Society
• Case Approach to Counseling and Psychotherapy
• Counseling the Culturally Diverse: Theory and Practice
• The World of the Counselor: An Introduction to the Counseling Profession
• Foundations for Clinical Mental Health Counseling: An Introduction to the Profession (3rd Edition)