BizStore » Books » Evidence-Based Practices for Strategic and Tactical Firefighting
Binding: Staple Bound
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Jones & Bartlett Learning
Manufacturer: Jones & Bartlett Learning
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 17
Publication Date: 2014-12-02
Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning
Studio: Jones & Bartlett Learning
Evidence-Based Practices for Strategic and Tactical Firefighting is a synopsis of the UL/NIST research studies and experiments on fire behavior and techniques for ventilation, fire suppression, and search and rescue as a result of the changes in modern building construction and furnishing materials. As a result of these changes, today's fires release energy faster, reach flashover potential sooner, may reach higher temperatures, and are much more likely to become ventilation-limited than building fires of even a few years ago.
Developed in partnership with the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), Evidence-Based Practices for Strategic and Tactical Firefighting details many of the findings discovered as the result of an ongoing series of experiments conducted by NIST, UL, and the New York City Fire Department (FDNY) and provides the most up-to-date information available today for Fire Fighter, Fire Officer, and Fire Science students.
Additional information about these ¬and other fire experiments can be obtained online at the NIST website by searching under Fire¬ Fighting Technology and at the UL website by searching under Fire¬ Fighter Safety Research Institute.
• Structural Firefighting: Strategy and Tactics
• First In, Last Out: Leadership Lessons from the New York Fire Department
• Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator: Pump, Aerial, Tiller, and Mobile Water Supply
• Pumping and Aerial Apparatus Driver/Operator Handbook
• Vehicle Extrication Levels I & II: Principles and Practice
• The Art of Reading Buildings
• Barn Boss Leadership: Make the Difference
• Principles of Fire Behavior and Combustion
• Essentials of Fire Fighting and Fire Department Operations (6th Edition)
• Fundamentals of Fire Fighter Skills