BizStore » Books » Population Health: Creating a Culture of Wellness
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Jones & Bartlett Learning
Manufacturer: Jones & Bartlett Learning
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 466
Publication Date: 2015-03-30
Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning
Studio: Jones & Bartlett Learning
Practicing population based care is a central focus of the Affordable Care Act and a key component of implementing health reform. Wellness and Prevention, Accountable Care Organizations, Patient Centered Medical Homes, Comparative Effectiveness Research, and Patient Engagement have become common terms in the healthcare lexicon.
Aimed at students and practitioners in health care settings, the Second Edition of Population Health: Creating a Culture of Wellness, conveys the key concepts of concepts of population health management and strategies for creating a culture of health and wellness in the context of health care reform.
Beginning with a new opening chapter, entitled, "Building Cultures of Health and Wellness", the Second Edition takes a comprehensive, forward-looking approach to population health with an emphasis on creating a culture of wellness. The revised text takes into consideration the Affordable Care Act and its substantial impact on how health science is taught, how health care is delivered and how health care services are compensated in the United States.
- Study and discussion questions are provided at the conclusion of each chapter to highlight key learning objectives and readings.
- Case studies highlight real world applications of concepts and strategies, and links to web sites provide additional opportunities for expanding knowledge.
- Each chapter can stand alone to highlight key population health issues and provide strategies to address them, allowing educators to choose specific chapters or sections that meet the learning objectives of the course.
• Advanced Nursing Research: From Theory to Practice
• Epidemiology for Public Health Practice (Friis, Epidemiology for Public Health Practice)
• Health Policy and Politics: A Nurse's Guide
• Health Promotion in Nursing Practice (8th Edition)
• The Healthcare Quality Book: Vision, Strategy, and Tools, Third Edition
• The Core Elements of Value in Healthcare
• Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing & Healthcare: A Guide to Best Practice 3rd edition
• Transcultural Nursing: Assessment and Intervention
• Epidemiology for Advanced Nursing Practice
• Policy and Politics for Nurses and Other Health Professionals