BizStore » Books » Creative Selection: Inside Apple's Design Process During the Golden Age of Steve Jobs
BizStore » Book
Creative Selection: Inside Apple's Design Process During the Golden Age of Steve Jobs
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: St. Martin's Press
Manufacturer: St. Martin's Press
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 304
Publication Date: 2018-09-04
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Release Date: 2018-09-04
Studio: St. Martin's Press
* WALL STREET JOURNAL BESTSELLER *
Hundreds of millions of people use Apple products every day; several thousand work on Apple's campus in Cupertino, California; but only a handful sit at the drawing board. Creative Selection recounts the life of one of the few who worked behind the scenes, a highly-respected software engineer who worked in the final years of the Steve Jobs era―the Golden Age of Apple.
Ken Kocienda offers an inside look at Apple’s creative process. For fifteen years, he was on the ground floor of the company as a specialist, directly responsible for experimenting with novel user interface concepts and writing powerful, easy-to-use software for products including the iPhone, the iPad, and the Safari web browser. His stories explain the symbiotic relationship between software and product development for those who have never dreamed of programming a computer, and reveal what it was like to work on the cutting edge of technology at one of the world's most admired companies.
Kocienda shares moments of struggle and success, crisis and collaboration, illuminating each with lessons learned over his Apple career. He introduces the essential elements of innovation―inspiration, collaboration, craft, diligence, decisiveness, taste, and empathy―and uses these as a lens through which to understand productive work culture.
An insider's tale of creativity and innovation at Apple, Creative Selection shows readers how a small group of people developed an evolutionary design model, and how they used this methodology to make groundbreaking and intuitive software which countless millions use every day.
• 7 Powers: The Foundations of Business Strategy
• The Upside of Stress: Why Stress Is Good for You, and How to Get Good at It
• The Book of Why: The New Science of Cause and Effect
• How the Internet Happened: From Netscape to the iPhone
• Jony Ive: The Genius Behind Apple's Greatest Products
• Who Is Michael Ovitz?
• Blitzscaling: The Lightning-Fast Path to Building Massively Valuable Companies
• High Growth Handbook
• The Messy Middle: Finding Your Way Through the Hardest and Most Crucial Part of Any Bold Venture
• The Courage to Be Disliked: The Japanese Phenomenon That Shows You How to Change Your Life and Achieve Real Happiness