BizStore » Books » The Age of Cryptocurrency: How Bitcoin and the Blockchain Are Challenging the Global Economic Order
BizStore » Book
The Age of Cryptocurrency: How Bitcoin and the Blockchain Are Challenging the Global Economic Order
Brand: Vigna Paul
Feature: The Age of Cryptocurrency How Bitcoin and the Blockchain Are Challenging the Global Economic Order
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 384
Publication Date: 2016-01-12
Release Date: 2016-01-12
• The Age of Cryptocurrency How Bitcoin and the Blockchain Are Challenging the Global Economic Order
Bitcoin became a buzzword overnight. A cyber-enigma with an enthusiastic following, it pops up in headlines and fuels endless media debate. You can apparently use it to buy anything from coffee to cars, yet few people seem to truly understand what it is. This raises the question: Why should anyone care about bitcoin?
In The Age of Cryptocurrency, Wall Street journalists Paul Vigna and Michael J. Casey deliver the definitive answer to this question. Cybermoney is poised to launch a revolution, one that could reinvent traditional financial and social structures while bringing the world's billions of "unbanked" individuals into a new global economy. Cryptocurrency holds the promise of a financial system without a middleman, one owned by the people who use it and one safeguarded from the devastation of a 2008-type crash.
But bitcoin, the most famous of the cybermonies, carries a reputation for instability, wild fluctuation, and illicit business; some fear it has the power to eliminate jobs and to upend the concept of a nation-state. It implies, above all, monumental and wide-reaching change―for better and for worse. But it is here to stay, and you ignore it at your peril.
Vigna and Casey demystify cryptocurrency―its origins, its function, and what you need to know to navigate a cyber-economy. The digital currency world will look very different from the paper currency world; The Age of Cryptocurrency will teach you how to be ready.
• Digital Gold: Bitcoin and the Inside Story of the Misfits and Millionaires Trying to Reinvent Money
• The Internet of Money
• Mastering Bitcoin for Dummies: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies, Mining, Investing and Trading - Bitcoin Book 1, Blockchain, Wallet, Business
• Ethereum: Blockchains, Digital Assets, Smart Contracts, Decentralized Autonomous Organizations
• Cryptocurrency: How I Turned $400 into $100,000 by Trading Cryprocurrency in 6 months
• Blockchain Revolution: How the Technology Behind Bitcoin Is Changing Money, Business, and the World
• Mastering Bitcoin: Programming the Open Blockchain
• Blockchain: Ultimate guide to understanding blockchain, bitcoin, cryptocurrencies, smart contracts and the future of money.
• Blockchain Revolution: How the Technology Behind Bitcoin Is Changing Money, Business and the World
• Investing in Ethereum: The Essential Guide to Profiting from Cryptocurrencies