BizStore » Books » The Age of Cryptocurrency: How Bitcoin and the Blockchain Are Challenging the Global Economic Order
BizStore » Book
The Age of Cryptocurrency: How Bitcoin and the Blockchain Are Challenging the Global Economic Order
Brand: Picador USA
Feature: Picador USA
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 384
Publication Date: 2016-01-12
Release Date: 2016-01-12
• Picador USA
Bitcoin became a buzzword overnight. A cyber-enigma with an enthusiastic following, it pops up in headlines and fuels endless media debate. You can apparently use it to buy anything from coffee to cars, yet few people seem to truly understand what it is. This raises the question: Why should anyone care about bitcoin?
In The Age of Cryptocurrency, Wall Street journalists Paul Vigna and Michael J. Casey deliver the definitive answer to this question. Cybermoney is poised to launch a revolution, one that could reinvent traditional financial and social structures while bringing the world's billions of "unbanked" individuals into a new global economy. Cryptocurrency holds the promise of a financial system without a middleman, one owned by the people who use it and one safeguarded from the devastation of a 2008-type crash.
But bitcoin, the most famous of the cybermonies, carries a reputation for instability, wild fluctuation, and illicit business; some fear it has the power to eliminate jobs and to upend the concept of a nation-state. It implies, above all, monumental and wide-reaching change―for better and for worse. But it is here to stay, and you ignore it at your peril.
Vigna and Casey demystify cryptocurrency―its origins, its function, and what you need to know to navigate a cyber-economy. The digital currency world will look very different from the paper currency world; The Age of Cryptocurrency will teach you how to be ready.
• Digital Gold: Bitcoin and the Inside Story of the Misfits and Millionaires Trying to Reinvent Money
• Mastering Bitcoin: Unlocking Digital Cryptocurrencies
• The Internet of Money
• Blockchain Revolution: How the Technology Behind Bitcoin Is Changing Money, Business, and the World
• Ethereum: Blockchains, Digital Assets, Smart Contracts, Decentralized Autonomous Organizations
• Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies: A Comprehensive Introduction
• Blockchain: Blueprint for a New Economy
• The Business Blockchain: Promise, Practice, and Application of the Next Internet Technology
• The Blockchain Revolution
• Bitcoin For Dummies